Sunday 5 November 2017

Guesting at Penny Black and More

Good morning folks. 
I'm here early on a Sunday morning as I am guesting over at Penny Black and More!
This week the theme is -

FLOWERS

I don't have too many PB flowers but I think that a poinsettia counts.
Here is my card using one from the Christmas Wonders set.


I started by stamping it onto a panel of black card then embossing with white EP. I stamped another onto a panel of w/c paper and using DI's washed in some reds and oranges. The finished flower was then fussy cut, except the area around the center, more of that later.
I happened to have a pre cut panel of vellum in the bits box, so decided to use it as a base for my sentiment cut from a scrap of gold mirri card using an old die of unknown make. The vellum knocks back the brightness of the base panel and allows the red flower to shine, I think. Once the coloured image was glued to the vellum, I added some grey colour with my Zig pen and it makes it look like I fussy cut the middle of the bracts! Did you know that the red 'petals' are actually modified leaves and not petals at all, the flowers are the really small yellow centers, very insignificant. A few red gems complete my design.

Joining in over at:-

Clean and Layered?
Love the red poinsettias with the gold

As You Like It Challenge
Christmas or non Christmas and why
(I only have Christmas flowers from Penny Black!)


11 comments:

  1. Lovely stamping Julie, great use of colours as well as the black and white created a lovely background for the glorious Poinsettia - probably my favourite PB Christmas flower stamp.

    Many thanks for being our Guest Designer at Penny Black and More this month and sharing your inspiration with our entrants.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used this stamp - I have it and so thanks for the inspiration. Thanks for being out GDT.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie this is a stunning Christmas card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful christmas card and so striking in the black and white with the pop of red! i love the typeface of the sentiment too. thank you so much for joining us this month as a guest designer at the penny black and more challenge.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card Julie, thank you for being our guest designer at Penny Black and More this month, Leanne xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on your guest appearance Julie and rightly deserved too!! This is a fabulous card and most welcome at AYLI xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful card and I love the whole concept of it! Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your black and red color scheme. The fussy cut poinsettia is an amazing focal image! Biggest congrats on your guest spot at PB. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at AYLI Challenge,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)