Sunday 14 September 2014

Mosaic Muse

Good morning all. 
It's a bit misty this morning but the weather man says it will brighten up soon, still we can't complain nearly half way through September and temps in the 20's.(degrees C)
I saw the latest challenge over at Muse while on holiday and thought what a brilliant job Therese had done with the muse card and just couldn't wait to have a go when I got home.
However, my first attempt was a bit of a failure but I had another go yesterday with a different image and came up with this.


This is the original

The only grid die I have is a Sizzix hexagon one so that's why its as is. The hexagons are a little small but I think it works. The butterfly was a free digi off t'internet and I used the colours from the latest challenge at Colour Me but using Copics to match.

I don't have any inks or card from SU so I coloured a white strip and some pearls with matching Copics. My word dies were too small so I stamped this SU hey! then fussy cut and mounted on pads.
Now for the real tricky bit. I had seen a video on You Tube about using the waste from die cuts like this but it used a product that is unavailable in the UK or prohibitively expensive to ship and I can't remember the name now or the link!!!
Anyway, I improvised with double sided tape and I was quite pleased with the result. I popped a few extra hexagons up on pads for extra dimension.

I will also enter the following challenge:-
City Crafter Challenge - Butterflies

OK, that's about it. Thanks for calling round and I'll si'thee.



19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card!! Your butterfly is stunning!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card looks stunning - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie!! You did a fantastic job on this Muse card as well. I love the colors of your butterfly. All of those little pieces to try and keep track of, amazing. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julie! I left a comment earlier but I didn't see it so I'm going to try this again. Your card is fabulous. I love how you colored that butterfly. Very pretty. All of those little pieces to have to keep in place, wonderfully done. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, that card is OMG OMG OMG awesome! I saw the inspiration photo, too, but didn't even attempt to work alongside it. I don't think I'd have the patience to puzzle this together, but sheesh, your card seriously rocks!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Colour Me…! this week!

    Julia
    CMCC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fabulous Julie your card is so beautiful and those hexagons are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing take on the Muse!! Love those hexagons :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This jumped off the screen at me when I went to CCCB--amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous take on the Muse! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card . Just letting you know that there's a new challenge going to starting 4 Jan 2015 over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Love you to become a follower, there's a DT Call happening too, grab our badge while your there if you like to, really hope to see you join us, many thanks xx
    ~ Denise ~
    Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is AMAZING Jules - so eye-catchingly different and beautiful. I don't know if I would have the patience to achieve such a perfect result. Great use of this week's colours too - thanks so much for joining us over at Colour Me...! this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fantastic take on the Muse this week - so glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way that you only raised a few of the hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning! This is just so cool - your attention to detail is amazing. Thank you for sharing with us at Colour Me...! this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)