Sunday 21 September 2014

Autumn Chrysanths


Evening all, round two.
We went to the local garage to look at some vintage cars this lunchtime, mainly for a trip down memory lane and to see the chimney sweeps pride and joy.
Yep, there was a Ford Anglia with it's cut in back window, just like the one I had to push when it wouldn't start on cold mornings. 


Dad steering, me pushing hoping I wouldn't be late for school! 
No Ban the Bomb Cortinas for Al but there was a Ford Capri JPS special just like the one we went away for the weekend to Scotland in, with our next door neighbours the year after we got married. Also on the forecourt were assorted other Fords as well as Vauxhalls including the Viva model my friend Ali had at school. There were also some really vintage cars as well as scooters and motorbikes, even  a little red bubblecar! Anyway enough of the nostalgia, back to the craftroom.

Challenges are coming together for me at the moment, so although I had ideas for my MUSE entry this week I have been able to tweek it to include a couple of other challenges.
This is my card inspired by Marion Vagg's Muse card.




Other challenges include


and

All the looking back reminded me of my Father in law's and Dad's penchant for growing Chrysanthemums and Dahlias in their retirement, so this was another inspiration for my card.
Love the yellow and golds of these large blousey flowers, even if they did get earwigs in, just like the roses in the Curtain Call pic and you can't get more fussy cut than these flowers either for the AAA challenge!
I couldn't decide what greeting to include but in the end went with this Spellbinders die cut.
I used a Sizzix Original Daisy die which I cut from two shades of the two colours in copy paper, then layered up and curled. The leaves are also Sizzix from a stamp and cut set which I bought a while ago and not used NBUS, according to the wonderful Darnell. She has been running her #2 NBUS inspired challenge so I may enter this there as well as option 4, none of the above!


OK that's about it folks and thanks for stopping to the end!




18 comments:

  1. Wow! My hands would have been crippled after making those intricate flowers! Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing with us at AAA Cards. Cheers, Victoria Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun flowers and great job on the fussy cut leaves - Thanks for joining in with AAA~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 3D effect of all that fussy cutting! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card!!! Thanks for playing at the Curtain Call!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that was a real trip down memory lane!! My first boyfriend had a Capri JPS Special, I thought I was the height of sophistication in it...wonder what happened to him...and the car!! What is it about retired gents and chrysanths and dahlias, they are even worse for earwigs... eugh!! Anyway I'm sure there won't be any in your gorgeous blooms, they are fabulous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a fun trip down memory lane with you, Jules! Thank you for sharing! Your beautiful mums are just tremendous on this card! So perfect for the MUSE challenge and all the other challenges, too, including mine! Thank you so much for linking up with my NBUS Challenge!! Your mums look so real, I wouldn't be surprised to see an earwig crawl out!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your dimensional flowers! they are gorgeous!!!! such a great take on the MUSE!
    ~tracey

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. Great dimension and bright happy colors. Thanks so much for joining us at AAA cards this week Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what fab blooms, Jules! You've created such great texture here and I love the black border, it makes them pop even more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, gorgeous texture! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I really love all the texture you created with your Chrysanthemums, Jules! The colors are gorgeous, and the rich, green leaves are so pretty, too! Really stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Mums are so pretty Julie!! Love the layers and curled edges ... so much gorgeous texture and dimension! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your trip down memory lane triggered a few memories of my own. My dad is a Ford man through-and-through, and the remebrances of "Old Faithfuls' over the years has me smiling. Your flowers...wow, wow and wow! Stunning - and all the more so because you've connected their inspiration to your dad and father-in-law. "Blousey" (most excellent and apt description) and beautiful (and for the record: you posts are always so engaging; your flair for writing is as awe-inspiring as your creativity with cards. Truly eloquent!). Now about 'gamsol' - "apparently" its a version of odorless mineral spirits that breaks down the 'wax' (I think) found in coloured pencil and allows the pigment to move around, creating 'blending.' I was surprised by how easy it is to use - dip tip of 'paper stump' (part of the kit) into the sponge tip applicator of the gamsol and away you go, adding when needed. Although this was "yet another" purchase from my newly-discovered distributor in my 'home city', the product is from Inky Antics. The video I'm linking to has the same details as the pamphlet that came in my gamsol kit, along with two stumps and the sand-paper board. Super neat...and means a whole lot more colouring potential!! Here's the link: http://www.inkyantics.com/acc1.htm Enjoy!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful flowers Julie, surely lots of fuzzy cuts and looks great, you chose brilliant colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful fall floral card, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are the most amazing chrysanthemums ever! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous, Julie! All that fussy cutting! wow xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card. It just pops off the page to you. Gorgeous and unique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)