Sunday 28 September 2014

Brusho and Muse

Evening all.
It's been another fabulous day here in the Shropshire countryside and a fantastic sunset to finish off.
I can't believe it's almost October and we are still having days in the low 20's. I suppose its a compensation for the awful August we had!
I saw the Muse card at the beginning of the week but it's taken me this long to get my finger out!
I really wanted to take part this week as the guest Muse is my teamie from ATSM, Anita. Her card had an Art Deco feel about it but I went with a Christmasy feel.


and this is Anita's card


You can see that I've basically taken Anita's card as a sketch and gone with a Brusho panel heat embossed with detail white using a Stampendous snowflake stamp.
I really am enjoying playing around with this medium, it gives a real vibrancy to the work.
I tried two ways with this panel, first create then stamp, which gives a really intense effect but I eventually went with emboss first then add the brusho and spritz. It gave a softer look which I could add to if I felt it wasn't dark enough. 
I die cut both sentiment halves, one in white on the vellum the other in silver. Hope the pic comes across OK, the light was going as I took it. Lot's of shadows cast in my usual spot plus mucky windows thanks to hubby's pointing activities!

I shall also enter the following challenges -
CASology - Flutter
ABC Christmas Challenge - S for something festive

OK that's about it, thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing along Julie, I'm loving your Christmas version of my card. The brusho background is so effective with the white flakes and the pop of silver makes it so festive. I recently bought some brushos but I'm yet to have a play. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white snowflakes really stand out against that lovely blue background - it looks like a starry winter night. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous - I love your pretty snowflakes and that background look amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what a Brusho panel is, but I LIKE! The snowflakes pop perfectly, but they let that sky take equal attention! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not familiar with Brusho, but think I need some now :) Amazing intense color - love your interpretation of the Muse card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning, Julie! Love the blues and the combination of vellum and silver is outstanding! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! The fluttering of snowflakes! Brilliant take on the cue this week at CASology...I love your snowy card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card Jules. LOVE those rich blues, gorgeous snowflakes and the sentiment looks brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card and I too love the intense colours of brusho. Did you just add the powder to your stamped image or mix it with water first? And do you get in as much mess as I do with brusho?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous take on Anita's card. Those blues are fabulous! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card!!! I sure hope that you join me as my Guest Premiere at MUSE!! Would be overjoyed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous take on Anita's card Julie! Love the brushos background with the delicate embossed snowflakes! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that is very pretty, Julie. I love the colours and the background snowflakes. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this mum. Great colours and effect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Writing this while I remember, would you use the colours and design in this as the inspiration for the table runner?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)