Thursday 25 May 2017

Love is like a butterfly

Good morning, hope I find you well.
Over at Cardz4Galz we have a brand new challenge for you. Our theme for you this time is to make a project -

INSPIRED BY A SONG

Here is my card.


I saw the challenges over at Paper Players and Stamping Sensations and the song - Love is like a butterfly wouldn't stop buzzing around my head!
It was used in one of my fave sitcoms of the late 70's early eighties as their theme tune, Butterflies staring Wendy Craig as well as the Dolly original.
I borrowed this SU butterfly from my bestie Di to make a card for my daughter who loves these colours and butterflies. 
To start, I stamped the butterfly at a jaunty angle on a white card panel, then embossed it in silver. I then placed a rectangular die cut over and traced around it with a pencil, then trimmed the parts that I wanted to extend over the die cut rectangle. This allowed me to work these parts over the top of the die so that when cut they would remain intact. Once done I washed in some DIs in Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet and stamped the greeting. The completed panel was popped up on pads.

Please check out the rest of the DT here and why not join in, we'd love to see what you come up with.

I'd like to join in over at -

    Please grab our logo
                                                    Butterflies, fairies, fantasy

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous use of the gorgeous SU butterfly Julie

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schitterende kaart
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how elegant it is! Beautiful card, Julie. Thank you for sharing your creation with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie this a beautiful CAS design. Love the aqua colours on the butterfly.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie this is a stunning card that butterfly is gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love how your image floats off the edges! So pretty! Thanks for sharing this butterfly creation with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie, I too was a fan of Love is like a Butterfly, with the lovely Wendy Craig , I must say your butterfly is gorgeous so elegant and such beautiful colours..

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Julie! The silver EP brings out the elegance, and your coloring is wonderful! Such a fantastic song with your beautiful card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's going round in my head now Julie!! I remember butterflies starting just as my sister and I were off to bed!! Love the embossed silver with those pretty blues and the overhang of the wings is a brilliant touch. I teresting to hear your local connection Julie. We have a long association with Melbury Osmond. When we were contracting we did all the grass and maize silage for the Estate then when we left the family farm Martin was Herd Manager at Abbotsbury. He is now back at Melbury and is responsible for feeding 1200 cows over the three dairies...small world!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect choice of colours for the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow ... your butterfly is gorgeous. Love the colours and how you've off the edge. Great design, Jules! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always loved that butterfly stamp and you have done it proud here with the embossing colouring and how you added interest with popping it over the edge slightly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This ticks all the boxes for me, Jules! Stunning butterfly, gorgeous colour! Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a really beautiful card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful & I'll have to case it for my sister as she loves blue, silver & butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)