Monday 15 May 2017

LIM meets Paper Players

Evening all.
It's been a bit wet here today so my veg patch has taken a back seat. At least I managed to get my spuds planted as Al managed to finish filling the latest of my raised beds on Friday. I can't really complain as the soil was quite parched. Anyway as I had a few moments to myself I decided to join in over at a couple of challenges with this card.


Over at LiM, they want to see one layer cards using circles and/or stripes and PP want us to use red, orange, turquoise and orange. I saw this card on Pinterest and decided I liked the look of it but after looking in my stash for some circle stamps I could only find a couple so I decided to use a stencil and draw them. I also liked the idea of making them look like they were popped up off the front as in the original but keep it one layer. 
I've done similar designs with balloons, first using die cuts then using stamps so this was along the same lines but this time I added some shadows  to the right of the coloured circles with Copic pens to give a 3D effect. The colours I used were the nearest match in Copics to the PP ones.
The sentiment is from a free set in a mag.
The weather looks a bit wet tomorrow so I suppose I better get some housework done while I can. :( 

Joining in over at:-

     

16/5 Sorry, it appears it is spots and stripes!                                                   

12 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING....I would have bet money that these cute spots were popping right off the page! You did a great job shading them! Thanks for playing with our colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these colourful "spots"

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie! Wow, your card looks amazing! I love the grey shading around the spots and the shading of the spots is great too, this card has a lot of depth and movement. Unfortunately we were looking for both dots and stripes which I think are missing in your card but I anyway love this, what a wonderful CAS design and one layer with 3 d look! Thanks for sharing with us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, Julie - you have created such a 3D effect on the circles and I love the rich colours too! Unfortunately our theme is spots and stripes at Less is More (I made that mistake too when I was coming up with my DT card!). Thank you for sharing this beauty with us at Less is More though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Julie - those spots are fabulous, truly 3D - the shading is amazing! A fabulous one layer card. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great, love how you colored your circles. Reminds me a little of the balls the kids play in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Julie, incredible shading on these orbs!! Love the colours too. We have had wet weather down here...much needed, the paddocks andlawn were beginning to look parched xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love those colorful dots and the shading, awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Julie, such a brilliant effect with those shadowed circles and bold sentiment! Love it! Shame about the stripes but I totally get the confusion as we used a / instead of &... sorry. Love the card anyway with those fabulous colours and the clean background really making them pop! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your spots look so dimensional. Love it! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such dimension in your colouring - it looks really great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Your coloring/shading is fabulous! I love the design of your card! So happy you joined my color challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)