Thursday 11 May 2017

Caseing Karen

Morning all.
Over at Cardz4Galz it's time for a brand new challenge.
This time would like you to -

ADD SOME TEXTURE

There are lots of ways to do that, embossing folders, embellishments, textured ribbon etc.
For mine I kept it very CAS, using my favourite linen textured card, a pleated background and a stitched frame.


I took my inspiration from the Flower challenge where they are asking you to CASE a DT member. I chose Karen as I was intrigued by her background panel. As she did, I inked an acrylic block with DI and dragged it down the white card panel before folding it to get the pleated effect. The colour looks a little bleached out here but is much more textured in real life! The only suitable flower die I had was this Memory Box poppy one which I trimmed down and popped it between the panel and a stitched frame. The sentiment was from Altenew's Extra Special set.
For more textured inspiration check out the rest of the girls here.

Joining in over at:-





10 comments:

  1. Julie this is just so beautiful. Adore white silhouette flowers against the fun backdrop.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Julie, love how you have done the background. Thank you so much for joing us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS card,love the white flowers and fabulous pleated background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Julie,love the pleated background. Sorry didnt get to find you at Port Sunny.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that window and the look of blinds! Fantastic job and thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful technique Julie, the background looks wonderful and really makes the white pop xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so beautiful Julie...so honored you cased my card!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful CASE of Karen's card! So pretty and elegant, perfect as Mother's day card! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie You cased Karen's card perfectly. I so love her work. Love the stitched die frame and those poppies a perfect finish. Love that die too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)