Monday 8 May 2017

Glorious Gardenia

Good evening folks.
I'm here late evening here to announce the start of the latest challenge over at HLS Anything Goes with Dies.
Here is my card using one of my very favourite dies, MB's Glorious Gardenia.



Not  sure why I like it so much but it is my go to flower die. I've used it in all sorts of different ways, so perhaps it's because it so versatile! I only bought the outline die so The background was made by drawing around the leftover from the die cut, then fussy cutting it out of plain white card.
To get the colour on the die, I used my Zig brush pens to wash in some colour onto the petals with some shades of pink then the same with greens onto the leaves. The center of the flowers were glued to the base, leaving the leaves to hover over the backing.
On a separate white panel I washed some more of the pink colour in the shape of the design along with some splatter. A couple of sprigs of die cut Fresh Foliage and Grove Branch completed the sprig. A silver embossed tag from LOTV was slipped under the edge of the sprig and the trimmed panel attached to the base card.
So for more die cutting inspiration please check out the rest of the team here and we'd love to see you in this month's gallery.

I'd like to join in over at :-

Be Inspired    As You Like It Challenge
Flowers                                     Favourite die

        Maychallenge
       

12 comments:

  1. Your card is very beautiful, love how delicate it is

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the softness of this card! Gorgeous dies & soft colors have come together to make a beautiful card! Thanks for joining our "Flowers" challenge at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is among my favorite dies too, Julie! I LOVE the way you've colored them! The splatters add a nice touch too! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! You could add to CAS Mix Up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and delicate with the watercolour outline and white solid centers. Jules! The tag tucked into the flowers is adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Julie..love the delicate flower dies..Hugs xx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Julie ... this is so, so pretty! Love your design! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Flowers’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors! Love the watercolor and the tag tucked in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, beautiful die. I love your coloring effect with the Zigs, so wonderfully subtle. Thanks for sharing with us at AYLI Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that die....such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flower die is so beautiful Jules. Love how you added color with your Zigs and your splatters that add so much interest and texture. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a delicate and beautiful card!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)