Tuesday 16 April 2024

Color Hues #85

Afternoon.
As we are are over half way through the month of April its time for a new colour combo from Color Hues. This time Hannelie has chosen a bright and cheerful pairing and this is what I came up with.


While looking through my stamps for inspiration, I came across this Stampingbella tennis player that I got as a Christmas pressie from one of the kids. The yellow in the pairing reminded me of the yellow tennis balls and so I was off and running!
I found a circle of yellow card in my stash and using a wide, white chalk marker, drew the lines to make it look like a tennis ball. These are created when the two yellow felt pieces of the ball are glued together, they used to be made at the Slazenger factory not far from where we used to live. The net was created using an old Chery Lynn burlap border die, the excess trimmed away to leave a smooth net top.
After stamping Curvy Girl Plays Tennis, I coloured with Copics, then fussy cut her out. My front panel was cut with a slightly smaller circle than the one for the ball and I made a matching A6 note card from the same card.
To assemble, I glued the ball die cut onto my base card, added the girl to my slightly smaller die cut panel, then added the net. I stamped my sentiment, Uniko, then added a few homemade dots. I found some ancient Craftwork Cards confetti in a drawer, coloured them with a yellow Copic marker, then cut out some smaller dots, shaping them before adding to my front panel. Finally I added the panel to the base using foam pads.
So where will this new combo take you? As always there's lots of inspiration from the team here. Looking forward to seeing your take in our gallery!

Joining in over at:-

10 comments:

  1. Your design skills always impress me, Jules! That tennis ball is mwah and the way you have added all the elements to form the design is just brilliant! It's a fun and unique way to use the colors! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one of my favorite cards of yours, Julie! Designing this layout was nothing short of brilliant - I especially love how you came up with the tennis ball and went from there. Of course, your tennis player is colored perfectly!

    Hope you're having a pleasant spring with loads of lovely florals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Once again, your fabulous colouring breathes beautiful life into your tennis player. An eye-catching design in every way!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely LOVE this card Julie!! Your coloring, the tennis ball and net are all FABULOUS and bring back lots of memories of all 3 of our girls who played JV and Varsity tennis when they were in high school! You definitely made the challenge colors SHINE with this awesome card!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhubarb and custard!! What a great colour combo and you've done a lovely job with it. I have a mini chest of drawers of Card Candi, millions of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie this is an awesome card. Leave it to a Stampingbella image to make it. I can never decide if the images are cute or sexy, but either way so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in agreement with everyone! This is such a fabulous idea and well executed using our colors, Julie! The background was just brilliant! You always take the challenges and run with them, I never know what to expect from you and that is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it something how we get a spark of an idea and off we go? Your cards is definitely a winner in my book! Love the tennis theme. How you executed the ball and the net is so clever, and bella makes a darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way the inspiration came to you. Every time I see such a fun card with a Stampingbella Image or once like it, I realize that my collection is truly lacking in this category. Your execution of this is perfection! I love that "net, " and your coloring (as always) is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant design Julie! I just LOVE the way you used my chosen colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)