Tuesday 30 April 2024

Welcome to the Jungle

Good morning.
We've got a brand new challenge over at Cardz4Guyz. This time I chose the theme of:-

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE

I'm not quite sure where I was going when I chose this theme as I don't have that many jungle themed stamps but while I was helping out at Port Sunlight the other weekend, I went browsing the stalls and came away with a new MFT set called Picture Perfect and one of the images featured these cheeky chimps, perfect.


Over at MFT, I saw an idea that I thought I could use here. Instead of using the Polaroid die that goes with the set, which I don't have, and simply adding the coloured image into the frame, they cut out the monkey and added some extra fingers to him. Then they placed the frame and image over some die cut leaves. 
So I took a panel of white card, stamped the image but masked off the lines around the image and extended the large monkey image, stamping an extra set of fingers. Once coloured with Copics, I fussy cut them out and put to one side. From a panel of white scrap I die cut a rounded rectangle of white card and then die cut the aperture. The rectangle was slightly too big, so I repositioned it in my die and cut again, stamping the sentiment from another MFT set.
I have a box of green leaves from years ago when I used to craft in the caravan, so sorted out a few but ended up cutting more with some Sizzix dies in various shades of green. These were then arranged onto a kraft base card and glued down. 
To complete, I added my cheeky monkeys and extra fingers to the frame and secured with tape before adding foam tape to pop up the finished framed, image.

So that's all from me but please check out the rest of the team here for more Jungle inspiration.

Joining in over at:-


Clean or Fussy
Normally I would say clean but on this occasion I went a little fussy with all the foliage behind the image and the popped up image. Still it was all flat so it's easier to post and it still remained masculine.

4 comments:

  1. Your jungle foliage is fantastic...I love the shades of green all layered up!! Such great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our "Welcome to the Jungle" theme challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz. Some guy is really gonna love this card!! #C4G346

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! This is such an adorable birthday card, Jules! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those little monkeys and all your foliage behind. A great card! Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this fussy card Julie!! Always lovely to see you at AYLI x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)