Monday 9 November 2015

Gold Butterfly

Welcome peeps to a quick post to share a card I made with a mind to a few challenges out there.
I bought this stamp a month ago and I absolutely love it, it's by Visible Image -butterfly: INKognito and it was perfect for this card.


Over at Less is More, the colour challenge is FIRE, CAS-ual Friday's want precious metal and Virginia's View want texture. Well I hope I've met the criteria with this.
To create the effect I first stamped the butterfly and embossed with detail gold EP then added crystals of Brusho in lemon and vermilion before spritzing with water. I absolutely love the effect of using Brusho like this, it's like fireworks as it explodes on the paper. The gold butterfly looks as though it is exploding from the background colour, almost phoenix like. The Brusho also leaves a wonderful feeling of texture as it dries.

OK, the evening is moving on, so I better get a wriggle on and think about some tea!

I'd like to join in over at:-

    "Less is More"
                                                    Colour Challenge - Fire

November Challenge: All about Textures
Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

  1. Stunning card Julie, your butterfly looks amazing amongst those bursts of colour, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So striking and effective Julie, great fiery colours and thanks so much for playing along this week!
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Julie - I love that butterfly and the firey background is stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, lovely colours and that butterfly is one of my favourite stamps!
    Wonderful Brusho effect too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lovely. Very striking. I'd love to see a silver butterfly on blues/greens/purples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As soon as I saw this I had a look at Brusho - I've never heard of it but your card totally sells this product! It's absolutely stunning..the butterfly looks like it's flying out of flames - love it! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh gorgeous Brusho background for that butterfly - just stunning!
    Thank you for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely like fireworks!! Its an explosion of subtle colour and I love the two blended together with the amazing gold butterfly in the middle. Its an incredible design and I'm so glad you shared it with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I'm so late visiting this one, Jules. But I have to say...wowsers, this is amazing! Love that effect with the brushos and the gold, and that butterfly has just hit my wishlist!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is awesome!! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is incredible! The Brusho in combination with the way the butterfly image is exploding is the perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)