Saturday 13 May 2017

Magical Birthday Wishes

Good morning  folks.
I'm back online thank goodness!
The contractors struck again late on Thursday as they were putting their machines away for the night. Somehow they managed to pull the telephone line down that runs across the drive! They appear to be in the final throws of their work and were resurfacing the drive at long last and the arm of one of the diggers caught in the wire! We have telephone and internet connection over that so we were incommunicado for quite some time! Anyway it appears we are now back thanks to the prompt attention of BT.
Today, I'm popping by to share a card I made as GD over at Challenge Up your Life.
This time their theme is -

BLOSSOM

I was asked to GD for this challenge as I'd previously won their colour challenge with this card, but here is the one I made for this challenge.


I've made quite a few blossom cards over the last few years, mainly using die cuts, so for this I used a couple of the tiny flowers from Altenew's Vintage Flowers set. I'd seen a fab card on Pinterest here that set me off along this route. I loved the gold embossing but I preferred to use a more realistic pink colour. 
Using Memento Rich Cocoa, I inked the stem up them removed a lot of the ink to leave a paler but textured branch on the die cut panel. The blossom images were then stamped first in Memento Angel Pink, the details in Rose Bud 2nd generation and then the centers in just Rose Bud. I managed to loose one of the really tiny centers of one of the small flowers, so had to substitute that with a Zig marker pen!
The magical die cut is from STAMPlorations and the stamped sentiment is Wplus9 stamped in Rich Cocoa. I also added a few extra branches with a brown Zig Marker.

OK, that's about it from me, please visit the CUYL blog to check out the DT's inspiration

Joining in over at:-

     

   

No toppings this time!                                                     


12 comments:

  1. I think your card is Magical! I really do like the gold!
    Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are going to throw a party when the contractors finally finish!! This is such a pretty card Julie, it should be framed xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blossom branch is just lovelyJulie, soft, delicate and still with tiny touches of detail. I love the mix with the gold too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really beautiful card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This whole saga would have been a hit reality TV show over here, Jules! You can't make this stuff up! I hope it is all over soon. Your card is simply stunning! I was riveted reading how you made it ~ talk about magical! It is surely a winner in these challenges and I'm pinning it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly amazing card! Those blossoms look really lovely and combined with the golden sentiment, your card really looks charming!! Magical indeed!! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday challenge!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, Julie! Your blossoms are so soft and delicate and I love the branch details you've added along with the gold touches. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card - I really like the softness of your blossoms against the boldness of your sentiment. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning dogwood! Looks so beautiful. Thanks for joining in at CUTplorations

    ReplyDelete
  11. So soft and beautiful. Reminds me of the cherry blossoms in Atlanta. Love the little pop of gold, too. Isn't it amazing what contractors can do... glad you are back online.
    So glad you joined us at Addicted to CAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah! This is so soft and beautiful . Thank you for sharing with CUTplorations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)