Tuesday 2 May 2017

Vintage Motor

Good morning folks.
Hope you all had a fab BH weekend.
The weather wasn't particularly BH friendly so I spent some time in the craftroom creating before trying to spot our Son whilst watching the Tour de Yorkshire cycle race. The race was due to pass by the village where we used to live and our son still does, so it was fun to try and spot the landmarks as the peloton whizzed by. Although he told us where he was standing we couldn't spot him, even on playback! The scenery was fab though and so were the crowds, fabulous to see the tour being so well supported. Shame the commentators hadn't been given the correct pronunciation of some of the place names, Holmfirth has a silent 'L'. It does sound funny when they give the climbs the prefix Cote de ... as well.
Anyway I managed to cobble together a card between ad breaks for this week's challenge at Cardz4Guyz.

INSPIRED BY A FILM, BOOK or PIECE of MUSIC

However you must say how you are inspired in your post.

I had a look through my stash of stamps to see what came to mind first settling on this
 NEBUS stamp set from LOTV. I think I bought it from Port Sunlight this time last year and this is it's first inking! I don't think they're are there this year though, they seem to be cutting back on shows and going digital, less stress I would think. It reminded me of the film 'Genevieve' about the vintage London to Brighton car rally. Genevieve being the name of the car!


I used a Sketch Saturday layout that I've used before and some map paper from an old road atlas. SATNAVs may be popular but I love an old fashioned map to look at, always have, in fact a friend used to call me JulieNAV when we went out in her car!
I started by cutting out the circles with a variety of dies for my top panel and then stamped the images with black Memento and embossing with clear EP. As I had used EP I decided to use my Zig Markers to colour the images for a change, adding a few white hi lights with a gel pen. After fussy cutting the images I glued the map paper onto my base card and popped my top panel up on pads. The images were then glued flat on the map paper. I also added some doodled borders to frame the apertures and added a sentiment from the same set.
For more inspiration check out the rest of the team here.

I'd like to join in over at:-

5th Saturday free choice

Grab our logo
Embossing (used clear EP over black outline stamping)


Embossing wet or dry (I used clear EP over black outline stamping)




8 comments:

  1. A great card JulieNAV!! Love the film Genevieve, it is the sort of film that used to be on TV on Sunday afternoons back in the 70s xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Julie, great take on the theme. I'm missing being on the team already LOL. I'm off to Port Sunlight too, looking forward to it. My OH and I apparently were shown on tv as the race went through Hampsthwaite !

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie this is a stunning card. I remember that film. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once been, never forgotten! Great memory for places (usually random dance competitions!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really stylish masculine creation and perfect embossing for our Allsorts theme, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, I love the map paper background
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never saw the film that inspired you, but this is a great masculine make! I love the vintage images within the circles! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)