Monday 2 March 2015

Sketch #29

Good afternoon fellow crafters and welcome to the latest sketch challenge over at STAMPlorations.
I got all springlike with my card for this sketch, a bit premature in these parts. Someone didn't tell the snow it was spring! Still we need a little spring colour after all the greyness of this winter!

This is my card


and this is the sketch for the next 2 weeks.


I used my freebie set from last months Stamp Club, Trendy Butterflies for my card along with some leaf stamps from a Kaisercraft set and some swirls from a set by Artemio. This is a One-Layer card but I felt it was a bit flat after I had finished stamping and masking so added some bugle beads for the butterfly's bodies. I used DI in Spiced Marmalade, Salty Ocean, Mown Lawn and Shaded Lilac to stamp and washed over the butterflies with water to soften them and over the leaves to add extra dimension. The finished panel was mounted flat onto a matching lilac base card.

You don't need to use STAMPlorations stamps to take part and as an incentive to the prizes are as follows:
Winner
 3 digi stamps
guest designer spot in Sketch #31
2: Top picks-
the option to be a guest designer in the Sketch #31 Challenge if you'll use a STAMPlorations digi stamp (to be provided )
or clear stamp (if you already have them)
All winners and top picks will receive a personalized guest designer badge that you can display on your blog, as well as a STAMPlorations guest designer watermark.
If you use a STAMPlorations stamp why not enter our frequent players Spotlight, play in all 3 challenges for the month for entries to the random draw. The prize is always going to be a stamp and stencil pack. 
So no excuses not to have a go and join in.

Now if you haven't been to the main blog already pop over and check out the rest of the fabulous DT and GDs inspiration. Check out the girls personal blogs for more details and leave them some love.

Asha GD
Sandie GD
Milla GD
Becca DT
Nonni DT
Tenia DT
Wei Wei DT

I shall also join in the fun over at -


5 comments:

  1. Happy spring colors! Love the cluster of butterflies and swirls, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a beautiful design! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome take on the sketch! Love your combination of butterfuies and flourish image! Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the added beads for the bodies! Such pretty colors Julie:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED your take on this sketch. The butterflies are so bright and springy and everything just seems so fresh! Great design work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)