Saturday 13 September 2014

Autumn Colours

Good Morning, hope you had a good week and are going to have a relaxing weekend. 
I've been off for a few days of sun sand and scenery on the Llyn Penninsular in North Wales, it has been glorious.
Now it's time for a new challenge over at Fantasy Stampers and this time Jan has chosen another photo for your inspiration.


So we would like to see your STAMPED (sorry no digis) projects based on this sumptuous piccy.
For my card I took the oak leaves and the russet colours and went with a CAS interpretation.



I had some paper left over from an earlier project using Brusho to create a watercolour effect here, so used it to create these leaves. I stamped the background using two stamps from the Autumn Foliage set from Creative Expressions, (they have been lying in their plastic wrapper for far too long, over eight years so they are definately NBUS) in Versafine Vintage Sepia then fussy cut them.
The top panel looked a little flat so I stamped and heat embossed in detail white my Stampin Up Woodgrain stamp. I used some jute twine and a button from the stash and stamped a Woodware sentiment on a cut off to finish it off.

OK that's it, so why not pop over to the main site and see what the other DT members have created for your delectation!

I shall join in at the following challenges:-


Penny Black and More - Autumn Colours

#2 Anything goes


Brusho, jute twine, embossing, button and stamping

leaves of course!

Thanks for popping by, come back soon.





18 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the elegant simplicity of this one, Jules - perfect for the challenge, hun.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say that your leaves look real, but they're better than real because they won't crumble! lol! Gorgeous fall card! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is glorious Jules. Glad you've had an enjoyable time away xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fanflippintastic in every way, Jules! SO a table decoration!! It reminds that I am crushing on those brusho paints. I love your CAS design, the stamped and embossed woodgrain is perfection as the backdrop for the gorgeous leaves and jute and button, all popped up to give it even more dimension!! Thank you so much for playing in my second NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ... gorgeous card Julie!! Love your beautiful fall leaves ... and the brightly coloured leaves just pop of all that white space. Love the added texture from your woodgrain embossing. All perfect wrapped up with the twine and sweet button accent. Thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Card Challenge. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning card. You've created so much texture I just want to touch it!.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love leaves on a card - the fall colors you used are gorgeous - your whole card is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and so perfect ! Thank you for sharing with MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful CAS Fall card! I love the textured background, the realistic leaves bundled up with the twine and button! I'm so glad you shared with us at the Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stunning Julie, a lovely design and the leave so realistic.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I came over from Darnell's place, I loved the look of your card with those beautiful leaves. I have just started experimenting with Brusho - you have used it beautifully - your card is gorgeous. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous CAS card! love it! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant to use the woodgrain card paired with your lovely leaves. Thanks for joining us this month at MMCC.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A v elegant and classy card. Your leaves - so real, I can almost feel the crinkle on them. Thank you for sharing your creation with us on the mixed media card challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)