Monday 11 March 2024

Revisiting Spring Botanicals

Good morning and welcome.
Today the Uniko team are revisiting a previously released stamp set, well a series actually!
There are 4 stamps in the Spring Botanicals set, Daffodil, Snowdrop, Tulip and Crocus. In my card I've used 2 of them, Crocus and Snowdrop.


My inspiration was the flowers that were blooming at the time I made it. The snowdrops were in full bloom at the top of the drive and the crocus were adding some welcome colour to the long grass in the back garden. I chose the purple ones as the birds have decimated the white and yellow ones!! Still they do look fab pocking up in the longer grass. I did think of adding some daffodils but thought it would be too busy. This uses the same technique as this card, I really like how it focuses the eye but I used a slightly larger pair of dies to accommodate the flowers.

On a panel of white card, I stamped and masked the crocus and snowdrops to create a pleasing arrangement, then coloured the flowers and leaves with Copic markers. I was tempted to colour the background but left it white in the end. I took two nesting circle dies and lined them up evenly to create a frame die, securing with tape so they didn't move whilst cutting. Once cut, I removed the dies and cut a frame from fun foam, gluing the foam behind the coloured, die cut frame.
Using the largest circle, I die cut a circle from scrap paper and glued the frame onto it and then the center was placed back and glued too, matching the pattern of flowers. The finished panel was then added to a 5 x 7 base card and the simple white on black sentiment, Pure Florals-Peony, added on pads.

Well that's what I came up with but what about the rest of the team?
Just follow the links to see what the rest of the BAs and Bev have made using this great group of stamp sets.

Don't forget to leave a comment as you hop along because as usual Bev is offering a prize to one lucky comment left along the hop. Simply leave some comment love before Midnight GMT Monday 18th March 2024 and she will select a lucky winner to receive a £15 eGift Code to spend in the store!

Before I go, how about some March Madness from Bev?



Happy Hopping!

Joining in over at:-


First signs of Spring                                                      

14 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful in a CAS style. Love these early spring flowers especially the snowdrops. I never had luck growing crocus (only had one this year). I think the animals are digging up the bulbs. I might plant some more in the fall as I love the color in early spring!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Four Seasons challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, this is extraordinarily beautiful! Just love thinking about your crocus and long grass - I'd love to walk barefoot through your garden to see them!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous card Jules. Love it! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an amazing card Jules. LOVE those sweet snowdrops and crocuses. So perfect cut in a circle and I love how the image extends to the framing. Beautiful work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Julie! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  6. An amazing card, I love the white space. So elegant and creative. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, Jules! What a great idea to cut a frame for the circle with the finished image! It really does focus the eye and I'm bookmarking this idea and saving to Pinterest. I love your coloring, too! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards. I've just had a quick look through your blog and can't wait to come back and peruse it. Your card with the snowdrops in the back and the 2 crocuses at the front really looks beautiful. I'm sure I'll be giving this a try. Thank you for the inspiration X X

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creative way to use the 2 flowers together! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colouring of the crocuses. A beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great technique Julie and the arrangement is perfect. The rabbits ate our purple crocuses but there are still one or two yellow ones on Surprise actually. It's still raining down here, horses are now on every other day turn out which isn't pleasing the clients much!! Martin is itching to get rolling!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I love the flowers and the way you show them off with the circular frame! Wonderful coloring also!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Serious bit of masking to create your composition! Love this! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie this is truly inspirational how you have used the stamps, and also the way you have die cut and 'framed' the image - a fabulous card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)