Saturday 16 March 2024

Color Hues #83

Good afternoon. 
We are halfway through March so it's time for a new colour combo from Color Hues.
We've a full house today so I hope the auto publish is working! It's lambing time here, so everyone wants to see the cute new lambs, especially our granddaughter!
Here is my take using the new pairing.


When I was deciding what to make using these two colours, I saw a card using these two sweet girls and remembered I had them in my stash and never used them, so here is their first outing. I thought the colours worked really well with their faintly Victorian attire. To be honest my starting point was a selection of blue and cream DP that my friend gave me years ago, so not even sure of the make. Anyway, I decided to use one of the DPs in the background, only a snippet but just enough to create a background behind the MFT, square frame. The Copics used for the blue element are not quite what I had in mind but overall they worked. As always neutrals are welcome along with our challenge colours.

So after colouring, fussy cutting the girls out, I attached them to my frame and glued the snippet of DP onto my pale cream coloured card. I stamped the Uniko greeting with Altenew Mangrove Root, I thought that black would be too much of a contrast on the pale cream card. I chose the square frame as the original image had the girls sitting on a wall, but I cut it off to better fit with the design.

Well that's all from me but for more cream and blue inspiration why not check out the rest of the Color Hues DT here along with our GD here

7 comments:

  1. This is just the sweetest card Jules!! Those two little girls look like they are sharing secrets. :) Adorable in blue and cream. Good luck with the lambing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That snippet of designer paper looks just like wallpaper I remember in my great aunt's house. It's such a perfect backdrop for those two adorable little girls. As always, your coloring is wonderful-as is your fussy coloring! Love this delightful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute pair of girls have a little tea party! Beautiful coloring as always, Julie, and the framed snippet gives the design the feel of spring. A lovely card for some fortunate recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwwwww...this card just couldn't be any cuter with your sweet LOTV girls Julie! You've colored them beautifully and I love the little snippet of dsp in the background...looks just like wallpaper! You definitely made these colors SHINE my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marcia and I are on the same page. The background reminded me of wallpaper and I can imagine these too just giggling up a storm at a family gathering. Always love when you color up some images for us, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are super cute Julie and the pretty paper works a treat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to see the baby lambs too. :-) These girls are so precious in blue. Darling card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)