Friday 1 March 2024

Color Hues #82

Is it really March? Well it must be as there's a brand new challenge at Color Hues.
This time we've got a lovely fresh, springlike combo. Here's my take.


My teamie Carol has made some fab cards using Concord & 9th's turnabout stamps over the years, so I was tempted to treat myself to their Blooms Turnabout set a while ago and this colour combo was the perfect time to ink it up.
I don't have the jig but by making sure my base card panel was the same size as the placement sheet, it worked out fine. I chose a couple of Altenew mini cube sets for the inking, Tropical Forest and Sweet Dreams. There are four turns so I used all 4 of each set, makes it so easy!!
Once the panel was stamped, I stared at it for quite awhile trying to decide what to do with it! Loved the panel and didn't want to mask all those pretty blooms, so simply added a sentiment roundel, Uniko, from my stash, white embossing on pale grey. Trimmed and mounted on a simple matching white A6 base card to complete.

So where will these new colours take you? As always we love to see your makes in the gallery. For more inspiration check out the rest of the team here, along with our GD.

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely stamped background you created with your florals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turn-about stamps are great, and yours turned out so pretty! You've created such a happy, spring-time card. I can't wait to see these colors in my garden, but it will be awhile! In the meantime, your card is a great substitute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For not having the jig, you did an awesome job with the turnabout stamps Jules...your background is beautiful and I wouldn't have wanted to cover it up either! The simple circle sentiment was the perfect finishing touch!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous use of these colors, Julie! They couldn't be prettier shades combined on your turnabout. Great job! I love the bit of gray on the sentiment. Love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol Mayne is such an influencer and you have done such a great job with this background. I love that you used multiple shades of each color in your design. Hope your temps turn around soon. Thanks again for sharing that pic with the team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely fresh colours Julie and those springlike stamps are perfect. News alert, we have seen the sun today AND blue sky!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, I don't blame you for not wanting to cover up that stamped background, it is just so delightful in the different shades of turquoise and green! I'm totally impressed that you did this turnabout without the jig, I sometimes find it confusing even with the jig lol! Take care and stay warm - spring will be with us soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous birthday card Jules! Your flowers and leaves are so beautiful with the challenge colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohmyword! Absolutely and completely smitten with your beautiful turnabout birthday card! So happy that I 'enabled' your decision to order this stamp. After seeing what you've done with it, I need to add it to my collection. Love this...
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jules this is fantastic. I love how well your turnabout, turned out it look so great in these colours! The sentiment in grey in the middle is the perfect finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The perfect Turnabout to use with this color combo! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your gradient stamping. So pretty JulieB!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)