Tuesday 16 January 2024

Color Hues #79 using some Uniko Stash

Afternoon all. 
Mid month so time for a new challenge at Color Hues. This time Karen has chosen our pairing, here's what I made for your inspiration using the new duo.



I was initially a little stumped for inspiration but then a quick perusal of Pinterest and this card was the result. 
I looked through my Uniko stash and decided to use some Christmas foliage stamps but turn them into a birthday card suitable for a male recipient.
Using some Altenew inks from their Tropical Forest set, I stamped the solid foliage stamps in the top right corner then added the outline leaves from Winter Botanicals- Sweet Broom with Versamark and Copper EP. The sentiment also from Uniko was stamped in the darkest of the 4 greens to complete. 
I often find CAS is a good direction to go with when making tricky masculine cards and the foliage is just masculine enough to get away with.

I'm also up over at Uniko with another card that uses this same combination.


Click the link to Uniko for all the details. 

Looking forward to seeing your takes in our gallery but if you need more inspiration why not check out the rest of the Color Hues team and GD Gretahere.

10 comments:

  1. A duo of beautiful - or should I say, 'handsome' - masculine cards to feature copper and green. I'm smitten with the 'leafy-ness' of the first; so pretty!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two amazing cards Jules! I LOVE the first one with the mix of greens and your silhouette leaves combined with the outline images in copper. What an amazing piece of art in a card!! LOVE IT!
    Your sympathy card is beautiful. The family will appreciate you made it especially for them. So sorry for your loss of a friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your CAS answer to the color combo! This beautiful foliage would make a great card for many occasions, beyond the birthday for a guy. A really classic design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules I just love your design. I love those leaves and I love that you represented the colours with inks!! I agree with Karen it's a classic design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always feel inspired when I come by your blog, Julie! Both cards are wonderful but I am sitting here staring at card two! I adore it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The copper outlines are the perfect addition!!! I love the waterfall effect from the corner in your design as well as that equally fabulous second card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful cards! I adore foliage and you've used the images beautifully for your Copper and Green card! Love the sympathy card, too. So happy to be guesting with all of you at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Masterful CAS designs, Julie! Love the foliage in the top left corner on the first card, it is a great idea for a masculine birthday card. Your second one is perfectly serene for a sympathy card. Love both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these cards are beautiful and the epitome of CASliciousness, Jules! I love that they are also excellent examples of designs for manly and feminine cards! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! Both of your cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Jules!! I love how you did the solid green leaves with the copper outline leaves for your masculine card...awesome and CAS perfection! And your sympathy card is SOOOOOOOO PRETTY!! You have totally made this color combination SHINE my friend...love them both!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)