Tuesday 5 March 2024

Namesake Day

 Good morning. We've got a brand new challenge over at Cardz4Guyz today, something of a new one to me, we are celebrating Namesake Day, always the 1st Sunday in March. Namesake Day is all about the origins of surnames and given names or who or what they were named after. While you share your name or surname with many other people, there is always a reason why your parents gave you that name!

USE A LETTER FROM YOUR NAME IN YOUR DESIGN

My given name is just Julie, no middle name but if my Mum had had her way it would have been MYRA! Thanks Dad for standing up for me, and apologies to any Myras out there but I do prefer Julie!! There were a lot of Julies born around the same time as me, there was even a Julie with the same birthdate as mine at school. No idea why that was, must have been someone in the news. My married name is self explanatory, BEECH, of or near the Beech tree but my maiden name was Hilton, meaning of the farmstead on the hill. I do love a bit of family history so surnames have always had a fascination for me.

So here's my card using another LOTV image, a Judo Boy, using my initials, JB, as inspiration as well as B for birthday! It will be another card for the Grandson stash, the youngest has a really busy social calendar!!


After printing him off, I coloured with Copics and fussy cut him out and then put him to one side.
I printed off some NitWits DP, when the computer deigned to work and cut my white panel with an MFT border die. I repeated the cut and coloured the second one with a green Copic to match my DP. 
DP was added to an A6 side fold card and the panels added, then the Uniko sentiment was added to one side. Finally the 'Judo Boy' was added on pads and some of the marks from the original image lost when it was fussy cut replaced using a black fine liner.

So where will your name take you? We'd love to see your takes in the gallery.
Check out what the DT have come up with here if you need more ideas.

Joining in over at:-

Masculine or Feminine

I know a lot of people struggle with masculine cards but I love making cards for my Grandsons and their friends. I'm not really a girly girl and flowery embellishments just look wrong on my makes, with masculine makes I don't need to worry!


3 comments:

  1. What a cute card!! I love that you used both J & B...so creative!! And your name history for fun to read about!! What great inspiration you have given to those who decide to play along with our new challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! This "Namesake" challenge is sure to bring out lots of fun stories and I look forward to seeing what shows up in the gallery!! #C4G342

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card for your grandson, Jules. What a fun challenge!! Love hearing about the origins of your name, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super card. I love the design. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)