Sunday 1 October 2023

Color Hues #73

Good afternoon folks. 
It's now October, can you believe it, autumn is definitely here, I had my flu jab yesterday too. Anyway 1st of the month means it's time for a new colour combo from Color Hues
This time we are looking for the colours of Coral and Blue. Here's my take using Uniko's Pure Floral - Gerbera and an Altenew texture plate.
 

 It doesn't matter what blue you use so I went with a piece of dark blue I found in my stash and a couple of Altenew inks, Coral Berry and Coral Bliss, to paint the gold embossed gerbera.


Each element was stamped and embossed with gold EP before I squished the ink pads onto a large acrylic block to use as watercolours. This time I didn't use watercolour paper as I wasn't flooding the paper with water just ordinary white card, not my best Copic card as the paint would just puddle on the smooth surface!
I first added a pale wash over each petal and then added some darker shadows before using a fine brush to add veins to the petals once the first layer was dry.
I fussy cut the bloom and 3 leaves arranging them onto a panel of card I'd preciously stamped and embossed with a sentiment and run through my Big Shot with the coverplate. This was then added to a matching blue base card.

So where will you go with these new Color Hues colours? The team have some fab inspiration so why not check them out here if you need more inspiration? We also have THREE GDs this time too, Fran, Trina, and Jolanda, so don't forget to visit them too.

9 comments:

  1. That's a lovely colour combo and that lovely gerbera is perfect in coral. We did our first Flu/Covid clinic last week. The powers that be have asked that both vaccines be recorded on a national system so that caused a hiccup or two!! Two more next week...can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Julie, and love that you chose Navy for the background. Thanks for the reminder to get my flu shot. Always something about Fall to look forward too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful birthday card! Great use of the colors and I love the gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your soft coral/gold gerbera set atop the navy background makes for an eye-catching, striking design. So lovely.
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! I love the navy on navy. (I still need my flu shot. Did get the covid one two weeks ago.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous gerbera daisy in coral, Julie! It really does just pop against the navy and of course, I love all the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful watercoloured birthday card. The gold embossing is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CAS and absolutely BEAUTIFUL Julie!! I love the gold with the coral and navy...sooooo pretty!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are so many shades of blue and I love that you chose Navy. It is such a classic blue and with your soft coral coloured daisy it looks fantastic! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)