Monday 16 October 2023

Color Hues #74

Afternoon folks, time for a new challenge at Color Hues where this time we have an autumnal palette for you chosen by Hannelie.


My inspiration for this card were the rudbekias that are growing in my front garden. They are on the wane now but earlier this summer they looked fab. Love the golden yellow petals contrasting with the dark central cone.


As well as those, I have some helianthus in the back garden which are now so tall they show over the old cow shed wall, this was last week when 2 hot air balloons went over late one afternoon, driving the dog absolutely crazy!!


I prefer the more sturdy rudbekias though, the helianthus can be a bit unruly, especially after strong winds!
The cone flowers were made using a Reverse Confetti die that I bought in a sale, cut three of each layer, along with three centers from MM paper and used DI smooshed onto an acrylic block to colour them. I used a mix of Mustard Seed and Scattered Straw, some extra shading done with a Zig marker. The cones were painted with a v dark grey Zig marker, with a hint of brown for the hi light.

My leaves were cut from kraft card and edged with Gathered Twigs DI, which I also used to create the pattern in the background using a stencil called Leaf Prints 3 from STAMPlorations, as is the white, heat embossed sentiment, this time from Banners and Balloons. The stitched MFT frame was added to my stencilled panel and the leaves and blooms arranged on top, the sentiment strip completes.

So where will these colours take you and what will you be inspired by?
Should you need more inspiration, then there are lots of ideas from the DT over on the Color Hues blog.
We'd love to see your takes on this new pairing in the gallery.

Joining in over at:-

 


10 comments:

  1. oh this is so lovely. Thanks for the reminder of those blooms by Reverse Confetti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Julie. Seems our cards are very similar but yet different. What a cool site to see those hot air balloons in your backyard too. I would love to see a field of them one day. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to use the challenge colours, Jules. Your card is beautiful. I love the bright colour of Rudebekias. Nothing like some sunshine yellow to brighten up a day. What a gorgeous property you have and how cool to see those hot air balloons flying by. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rudbeckias are glorious Julie! I really like the stenciled background along with the kraft leaves - just gorgeous. You certainly have a lovely spot and such good fortune to be able to watch the hot air balloons flying by...thank you for sharing those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, I forgot to add a big thank you for sharing your second beautiful card with us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome that you had the balloon fly over!!!! (I've been up in one once. It was great but I don't think I'd do it again. LOL!) I love your cluster of flowers and the background. Perfect choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blooms are gorgeous, Julie - the ones on your card as well as those in your yard. The stenciled background is a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your paper blooms are just as lovely as the real ones Julie, and nothing like a little yellow sunshine to brighten up the day!! (We haven't seen the sun in over a week...rain, rain, rain!! Grrrr!!) Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jules your rudbekia blooms are so lovely on your card. The stenciled background is a lovely start. It is always so sad when our summer flowers finish off for the season. Everything in my garden is now done but my dahlias still have a few blooms on them, but they look so out of place with everything else done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Echoing the others: your card is a wonderful translation of your beautiful real-life flowers. The bright yellow blooms paired with the kraft/stenciled background...swooning!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)