Tuesday 3 October 2023

Autumnal Birthday Wishes

Good morning folks. I'm off shortly to a craft course over at a fabulous garden near us. I've been to look around the Dorothy Clive gardens before, they are famous for azaleas in spring and acers in autumn, but never to take part in a craft class. I just found it advertised on the local town FB group last week and thought I'd see if there were any places left, luckily there were. As I said earlier, they are famous for the show of autumnal colour from their acer collection which is rather appropriate as the new challenge at Cardz4Guyz is:-

Autumn/Fall Colours - Shades of Brown 

Here's what I came up with based on a new to me technique I came across at the Group of Seven Cardmakers.

It also happens that over at JUGS it's their CASE a DT member week and I chose Bobby who used a similar technique to the girls at G7 Cardmakers.

For my card, I used a freebie EF and some Altenew inks which I smooshed onto a panel of MM paper. When dry I embossed the panel but I forgot to ink the EF with black ink before!! No worries, I replaced it into the now inked folder and embossed. The coverage was a bit patchy so repeated the process a couple of times. It was only after I'd trimmed my panel down that I realised that the black embossing was in a slightly different place to the original embossing, but I quite like the subtle embossing in the darker areas!

After the panel was trimmed down and glued to a cream base card, a sentiment strip cut from the same card using a Uniko sentiment and Altenew Mangrove Root ink was added.

So where will this new theme take you? We'd love to see your takes over in our gallery. There is more inspiration from the rest of the DT over on the C4G blog here.

Joining in over at:-



Autumn leaves, trees and berries

13 comments:

  1. This is amazing...I had to read your post in detail to see how you created this effect!! Very nicely done!! Fantastic take on our new "Shades of Brown" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Your card is sure to offer inspiration for those who decide to play along with us!! #C4G332

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this technique fun?! I made 3! Great job - Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on this technique, Julie! Love how the fall colors pop with the black background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely textures along with the warm Autumnal colours which are perfect for my Allsorts optional theme this week, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous autumn card Jules. Isn't this a fun technique??!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really fun technique and you have created stunning results with these colors! Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful autumnal card!! Have fun at your crafty class, sound fun!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's a beauty!! Hope you enjoyed your crafty outing ! Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful EF used here with your pretty yellows of fall - a beautiful card using this technique! Thanks for linking up at GO7 so we could see it! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful CASE of Bobby's card this week at JUGS!! Love yoyur fall colors! Thaks for joining us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Autumn Colors CASE of Bobby's card and so pleased you joined us at this months Group of Seven Technique. It has been awesome to see all the different variations our Group have used along with our friends who have played along. A very versatile technique:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for checking out the technique at GOS, Love your fall colours with that pretty EF ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)