Tuesday 29 August 2023

Uniko Brand Ambassador Inspiration

Morning all, did you have a fab BH weekend? We had a rather busy one, the whole family came for a visit, 3 grandkids plus parents! We just about got everyone around the table. The two smallest played well together, despite their 4 year age gap and even the teen got involved with running after the toddler!

Anyway, after they'd all gone home I was able to get in my craft room aka spare room, toys can wait to be tidied up or the OH might take pity on me, and came up with a couple of cards. Here is the first, which is my homage to a Jennifer McGuire technique I saw on You Tube. She had lots of ideas using a turnabout jig and the ones using sentiments sparked an idea. Here is my take using some Uniko goodies.


I don't have the Gina K jig but I made mine from some stiff cardboard and a large square die. I think I found a clip on You Tube many moons ago! Usually you use a square panel but in the You Tube post, Jennifer showed how to use the jig with rectangular panels. All the details are here.

For my background I used a selection of birthday themed stamps stamped with Salvaged Patina DOx and the English Country Garden butterfly and die from Uniko. The butterfly was stamped on one die cut and coloured with Copics, then two further die cuts from matching white card were folded in half and glued behind each wing, the crease going down the middle of the butterfly. These die cuts were then glued to my sentiment panel and allows the butterfly to pop up from the card but lay flat for posting!

Check out the Uniko blog for another idea using the same theme.

 Joining in over at:-

Butterflies

6 comments:

  1. Great job with that jig and arranging your sentiments! I have watched that video of Jennifer's and wanted to try it, too. You have done a marvelous creation and I love the monochrome, Jules. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts this week and featuring a lovely butterfly for our theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautifully this turned out, I've not heard about this technique before so will take a peek at the video
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool design, Jules! Love the sentiment background for your pretty butterfly. Thanks for the link to the video, will definitely be checking it out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The backdrop of sentiments is so effective and nicely balance despite not having the jig, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week and following the Butterfly option.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour of this pretty card Julie. What a lovely background. I too made my own jig with some greyboard to make use of some tiny cardio stamps, must have a go with sentiments x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, I love how you’ve done the background. Lovely colour too. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Butterflies option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)