Wednesday 16 August 2023

Color Hues #70

Good afternoon, as we are mid way through the month of August, it's time for a new colour combo at Color Hues. Stef has chosen a fab sunny combination for you, here's my take.



Over at The Flower Challenge their theme this month is spots and or stripes, so I went with stripes, creating this floating panel. Sad to hear that Aileen and Viv are stepping down but pleased that Karren J
has stepped in to keep the challenge running. Thanks for all your hard work.
 I chose a few scraps of red and yellow card from my stash that gave me a gradient of colour tone and cut some strips from them. Each of the 4 strips for each colour is slightly different but the photo doesn't really show it! They were arranged into a sunrise pattern and attached to some acetate before cutting with a circle die.
From a scrap of white card, I die cut Memory Box's Wildflower corner and glued it over the acetate panel. A simple white heat embossed sentiment on black was added, Uniko and the whole panel added to a white base card on pads.

So how will these new colours inspire you? We'd love to see your takes in our gallery. For more inspiration check out the rest of the team and our GD here.

Joining in over at:-


14 comments:

  1. What a fabulous make using these colours Julie. I love the colour gradient, a brilliant idea. I have everything crossed that you will be getting a dry spell like us so that hay making can commence. We have been let down by our supplier this year. I put our order in back in June when they made it and was told to ring mid August, which I did last week, only to be told that they didn't have enough and to ring at the end of September!! I have managed to source 150 from elsewhere, but it's such a gamble!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought red and yellow could work in so many ways. The white die cut and your stripes are wonderful design elements. Vikki H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, this is a brilliant design with the gradient card stock strips and gorgeous die cut floral! I am in awe of this design and I'm so happy you shared with us over the TFC too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright and happy card using these amazing colours, Jules. I love the slats of colour on your floating panel ... so creative and fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just recently saw the floating panel technique and pinned it to try. I love how you used it here and with the ombre coloring it makes such an impact! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, I love this colorful design! Your stripes on the floating panel are brilliant. A sunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think what I love most about our challenge is how creative my team is and how we all go in different avenues with amazing results. This is just wonderful, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, WOW, WOW!! Total CAS perfection Julie!! Graphic and oh so pretty at the same time...I am totally in LOVE with this card and how you made the 2 colors SHINE!! Hugs and have a great weekend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous graphic Julie! I love the gradients of colour and the spaces between your strips, and the simple white floral die cut and black sentiment. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful, love this beautiful creation. Thank you for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie this is stunning. I love the pop of the colour blocking on the circle with the white line showing through and the white flower overlay. Such a fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty die cut circle in the red and yellow - the delicate white die cut is perfect laid over it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your gradient of colors is so spot on!!! It really showcases that wonderful floral. Great summery card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your gradient yellow-and-red stripes, fashioned into a circle, is a pretty background for your delicate floral die-cut. Beautiful in every way!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)