Friday 1 September 2023

Color Hues #71

Afternoon and as it's the 1st of the month we have a new colour combo at Color Hues. Here's my take on this new duo.


When I first saw this duo I had to reach for this cute LOTV image, Halloween.
After stamping and colouring with Copics, I fussy cut it and put it to one side while I got the background done. This took a little time, for over a week the image was sat on my desk with inspiration missing! Eventually I found some NitWits DP and printed off a sheet. My printer is not behaving and the end result was paler that it should have been, so I took my Wilted Violet DI and inked over the top. Where there were white dots on the DP, they went darker for some reason, the DI must have reacted with the printer ink., but I do like the effect. 
So I printed off a sentiment from my computer and die cut it to make a background panel for my image to sit on, adding some lines to ground the image. The image was added with pads and the panel to the DP with them too. My DP was then added to an A6 side fold note card.

It all came together in the end. For more colour inspiration, check out what the rest of the DT have come up with here, they why not add your creation to the gallery?

Joining in over at:-

9 comments:

  1. This duo couldn't be cuter! As usual, your coloring is fantastic--and your fussy cutting is great too! So frustrating when printers (or any techno device) causes problems, but you overcame it with great success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have struggled to get everything to come together for this card Julie, but your perseverance paid off as this card is absolutely ADORABLE!! The colors worked beautifully together and how perfect for someone who has a birthday on or close to Halloween! LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Jules, this is super fun! I love the images and I bow to you for the perfect fussy cutting!! Technology can be such a pain in the neck, but the results of your card and so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nobody colors like you do, Julie and you make these image come to life. Awesome Birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun design, Julie and I love the halloween colours you chose. The images are so cute and you have coloured them beautifully. It was certainly worth the wait for inspiration to strike.
    Hope you are well.
    Thanks for sharing with ATSM.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is darling!! The ghost reminds me of a pesky little brother tagging along his sister. You did fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card, Julie! The adorable images have come to life and seem pent for mischief!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is absolutely spook-tacular! Again, dazzled by your colouring; your little witch is adorable!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie, your little witch and pesky ghost are the cutest! The coloring is wonderful and I love the background with the additional ink blending. Sometimes, it just takes a day or many to figure out a design and yours turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)