Friday 4 August 2023

Introducing… Background Block Art Deco Christmas and Everyday Family

Morning and welcome to another introduction for the latest release at Uniko. Today we are focusing on the Art Deco inspired Christmas block and the add on stamp set of sentiments that will enable you where ever you live in the world to personalise your sentiments.

The Art Deco Christmas Block reminds me of stained glass windows, so here I've tried the cheats version of a stained glass panel.


The block was stamped onto card, then coloured with Zig Markers. The whole panel was then covered in Versamark and clear EP added and heated. This was repeated a couple of times to get the coverage before I went in again and stamped the block in black and heat embossed with clear EP.
Once dry, I trimmed it down and finished the edges with a blue black Copic marker and mounted it onto a black base card. The sentiment from Christmas Sentiments was added on a matching strip of black, after embossing with silver EP.

This next card is based on a card I made many years ago when I first started card making.


I stamped a scrap of dark red card with a selection of stamps including the new Everyday Family, the ones referring particularly to Dad and embossed with gold EP. 
On some scrap white card, I stamped a pattern using the tree from MCM Christmas in red and green. After cutting out an isosceles triangle from the stamped card, I then cut across it to make 6 panels.
To assemble, I added the sentiments to a white base card and added a strip of gold linen textured card, then the cut up tree on pads. A fussy cut pot and punched star from some ancient green holographic card in my stash, were added to complete.
So what do you think? Why not check out the other BAs for even more inspiration. See you back same time tomorrow for the final into.

1 comment:

  1. Great minds think alike! I’ve even used the same sentiment from your first card on one of mine too. Lovely cards. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)