Tuesday 1 August 2023

Introducing… Mid Century Modern Wreath Builder

Morning Uniko fans, happy Yorkshire Day and welcome to the first introduction of the new August release. It's all about Christmas with this release so time to get ahead with your Christmas makes with this new stash!

Today we are starting the ball rolling with the fab MCM Wreath Builder stamp set. Here is my first take on the new set.


I've combined the outline and solid wreath stamps for a funky take on a wreath along with a sprig of holly and a circular sentiment.
I stamped the outline wreath with Versamark on an A6 white base card and embossed with gold EP, then stamped the solid wreath to fill in the gaps, more or less. The sentiment was one of my go to ones made up from Doodle Flower and Christmas Sentiments elements. Die cut with a small circle die and mounted on a slightly larger gold mirror card one. A couple of the small holly leaves were stamped and fussy cut along with the small berry cluster and placed alongside the sentiment.

Here's another idea just using the solid wreath stamp.


This is my second go with this card but a couple of splodges sent the first spinning into the waste basket but I did learn from the experience! The second time I started, I stamped the berries first! I know it sounds counter intuitive but my red EP was semi transparent and the green inking showed through! This time I stamped out 5 sets of the small berries from the set in red and again in Versamark before heat embossing with clear. I repeated this step to ensure full coverage.

Then I took the solid wreath stamp and stamped with a mid green, Altenew's Bamboo, carefully removing the ink on the berries with a piece of kitchen paper. The stamp was repositioned and stamped again with Altenew's Moss ink, repeating with the kitchen towel. Finally I rotated the image again and stamped with Altenew's Bamboo and removing the excess ink.
The solid bow from the set was stamped with Versafine and embossed with gold EP and fussy cut. A little bit of shaping and then it was added to my wreath. The completed panel was cut using a die and added to square matching base card.


See what the rest of the team have done with this set and I'll see you back here tomorrow for more introductions. 

1 comment:

  1. Love how you’ve placed the sentiment in your first card and the block colours of the second are fab. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)