Monday 1 November 2021

Color Hues #29

Good afternoon. Where has the year gone, just a couple of month's and we will be in 2022!
Anyway as it's the 1st of the month and time for a new colour combo at Color Hues. This month we are all autumnal with the colours and so here is my inspiration card for you.



I used the MFT set Piles of Fun for this little scene.
To begin, I took an A6 kraft base card and stamped the small outline leaves from the set in Memento Desert Sand all over. From a panel of white card I cut the frame using a couple of MFT arch dies and another large panel of white card using the largest die. Using some DIs I inked the large arched panel in orange and set to one side. On some more white Copic friendly card, I stamped the large pile of leaves and the cute hedgie. I thought it was a bird to start with until I began colouring! Using colours from the YR and E groups, to colour him and the leaves, I then fussy cut them out and attached the leaves to the bottom of the frame, trimming off the excess. I then added the frame with pads to the orange background along with the hedgie. My frame was just a tad too narrow to accommodate the sentiment so I added it on a strip of matching paper and then glued the whole to the base card.

So that's it from me but if you are in need of more colour inspiration please check out the rest of the team here.

I'd like to join in over at:-


Add a sentiment

12 comments:

  1. Cute card! Love a good crunchy leaf pile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation, Julie! My mind is stuck on Christmas right now and while I was making my card. These colors do work for Christmas/winter cards too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and put a smile on my face :)
    Thank you for sharing it in our Sentiment challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hedgie is the cutest, and I just love the way you framed him jumping in the leaves! A great card design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute Autumn card! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this little guy jumping for joy! Great idea to put the sentiment along the bottom of the die cut. This sure makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie what a sweet design, coloured perfectly! We actually saw an owl land in the trees on our yard last Sunday and then have a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute fall themed card!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie, I am sorry I am a bit late popping by! This darling fall card is adorable! The hedgehog looks as happy as can be and I love the unique way to framed him in. Love the sentiment too! Great job once again! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such an adorable card Jules!! LOVE how happy that little guy is, jumping in the pile of leaves. Takes us back to our childhood. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. He IS a hedgie! Uncoloured, it is a little hard to tell. :D And so fun jumping in the freshly raked leaves. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)