Wednesday 16 November 2022

Color Hues #53

Afternoon folks. Halfway through November already and Christmas is about to sneak up on us but before that we have a brand new colour combo from Color Hues. This time it was my choice and I went with a very festive colour theme. Here's my card using my two colours!



The other week, I had a video pop up in my You Tube feed that inadvertently sent me down a rabbit hole of water coloured goodness. Following a link on my side bar took me to a video about painting berries and foliage for a Christmas card and nothing says scarlet and green more than that! 
The video by Wendy Powell Jones, showed you how to create a cluster of berries and foliage in a loose style, then turn them into cards. So I thought as it was bucketing down with rain last Sunday and feeling the after effects of my flu booster, I would have a play. I did 3 sprays and the one here was the brightest and fit best with the scarlet and green theme.

I drew some small circles freehand to represent my berries on some MM paper and masked them with masking fluid, along with a few splodges to create some open space amongst the foliage. When dry, I got the w/c paints out and mixed up 3 shades of green using Cadmium Yellow and Prussian Blue, a dark, a mid and pale one. I then roughly washed in some foliage shaped areas using a wet in wet technique and left to dry. 

Carefully removing the masking fluid, I added some Cadmium Red to the circles, then some shadow using a hint of Paynes Grey added to my red, careful to leave a spot of paper showing as a hi light. More Paynes Grey was used for the berry stalks and twigs. To add some festive snow, I used some Stampendous chunky white EP scattered over the image and heated from below.
The finished panel was trimmed down and an MFT die cut frame added on foam tape. The sentiment is from a Uniko set, Festive Sentiments. The whole was then glued to a 5 x 5 off white card.

So where will my colours take you? We'd love to see, of course you don't necessarily need to go down the festive route. Why not check out the rest of the DT and our GD for more scarlet and green loveliness?

7 comments:

  1. I will be checking out the video for sure! Your results are STUNNING! Thanks for a great combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly beautiful and when I read your entire process I said to myself, you are pathetic Nancy. Julie B is a true artist. All you do is glue die cuts on a piece of cardstock. LOL I loved it at first glance and now even more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Gorgeous art you've created for your card Jules. Your berries are so beautiful and I love the stylized greenery in the background. Fabulous work, my friend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous, and so much more impressive because I would have never know it was a design you created!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, I love your card, fantastic art and so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat een prachtige kaart !!!!
    Groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made the most beautiful card and based on the video and rabbit hole you did really well. I am in awe and also so sorry for taking so long to pop in to see your card up close, it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)