Tuesday 1 November 2022

Recollection

Good morning.
The 1st of the month and a new challenge at Cardz4Guyz. This is the month of remembrance, with Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday in a just over a week, so Caz has chosen the theme of -

REMEMBERANCE and/or POPPIES

Here is my take using Penny Black's Recollection die and a STAMPlorations sentiment.


I do love a poppy image and my friend Loll was kind enough to gift me this, along with a beautiful card she made with it, now sitting on my shelf as I type. It was such a kind gesture and I have been saving it up for just this challenge!
It doesn't have a leaf die to go with the flower, so I used an MFT leaf die that looked a bit like a poppy leaf. Each element was cut from MM paper and coloured with DI in a watercolour method, before inking over each part again with a brush blender. I also crinkled up the petals to give it a little bit of added dimension before sticking to a die cut panel, smooshed in Stormy Sky and Salty Ocean DI.
The sentiment was stamped in Memento Paris Dusk and the completed panel was added to an A6 top fold card with pads.

For more inspiration please check out the rest of the DT here. We'd love it if you joined in this week too.

Joining in over at:-

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful poppy die!! I love your blue water-colored background! What great inspiration you are offering to those who decide to play along with this challenging challenge we are offering today...Poppies & Masculine...a tough one but you nailed it with that blue back ground!! #C4G308

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poppy is gorgeous, Jules! LOVE it over top of your beautiful watercoloured background. The leaf is just perfect paired with the flower. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful work on your card..
    Thank you so much for joining us at HLS water colour challenge..
    Swapna

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous poppy - love your water colouring - thank you for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful..
    Thank you so much joining us at HLS water colour challenge..
    Swapna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)