Tuesday 1 November 2022

Color Hues #52

Good afternoon!
It's the 1st of the month so it must be time for a new colour combination over at Color Hues.
This time Hannelie has chosen a cheery one and here's my take.



I had to think about this combination, are we thinking Dijon or English mustard? Well I chose the English, of course!
I selected a few different images but finally settled on this Whimsey Stamps Mazarine fairy image that my friend Jane stamped for me before all this lockdown nonsense happened. We both attended one of Faye Wynn Jones Copic colouring classes way back in March 2019, Jane bought a few stamps as did I and we swapped a few stamped images of our purchases. I have been keeping them for the right occasion but decided I better use at least one of the cute Mazarine fairy images.

To start, I looked through my stash to find some turquoise and mustard DPs, one digi from NitWits I thought would do wasn't right but I did find this really ancient piece of mustard yellow self stripe. I think it's from Papermania and dates from my early days of crafting, back in the late noughties!
So I chose the Copics to match and coloured the fairy before adding some Crystal Stickles, to her wand and antennae. After fussy cutting, I put her to one side and concentrated on the card base. 

Using an MFT die I cut my top panel from white card, then using the left over cut another which I coloured using the darkest of my turquoise Copics. This is a great way to incorporate the same colour into your design without the hassle of finding matching card. On the white die cut panel I stamped the Uniko sentiment to one side, adding a few black, punched stars and hand doodled dots and slipped the coloured die cut under the bottom edge. I added some more of the Crystal Stickles to the stars and dots, it has a turquoise look on dark card that doesn't show up on lighter backgrounds. The mustard DP was added to my base card and the finished panel added on top, my fairy was then attached with foam pads.

So where will these colours take you? There's lots of inspiration over on the blog from the DT and our lovely GD for you to feast on.
Looking forward to seeing you in our gallery.

Joining in over at:-

Add some doodles

13 comments:

  1. Adorable card and love the little fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Jules. I love that cute fairy and your lovely coloring. Great layout. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this little cutie Jules and your dijon or english mustard debate made me laugh :) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie this is so adorable. I think that little fairy is so delightful and your colouring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little fairy is just adorable, and your coloring is fabulous as always. Love the card design as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This may be my favorite in the DT gallery, Julie! (shhh!) Your lovely coloring and this darling fairy make a sweet and happy card. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always amaze me with your creativity and direction you take with your cards, Julie. Not to mention your awesome coloring skills. Asking you to be on this DT was one of my best ideas! I adore this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card Jules. Love your sweet little girl. Fabulous layout and design using the colours of the challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cute little fairy! love the stars around the sentiment and your pretty curved landscape background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's very sweet and what a lovely colour combo too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is adorable! Love the sweet girl and your layout! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw this is so cute! I love this colour combo and your colouring of this sweet image is fab! Great layout too and your doodles look great! Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab card Julie. I love the sweet image and your colouring is perfect. Great layout and colour combo. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)