Wednesday 2 November 2022

Autumn Birthday Wishes

Good evening. The clocks here have gone back so it's a little darker at tea time and finally the trees are colouring up, those that are still on the branches that is!
We start a new month at HLS Birthday with a brand new challenge, as usual it's-

ANYTHING GOES

well so long as it's birthday themed!! Here's my card for your inspiration.



I was inspired by a video on Copic colouring by Marker Geek Elaine, one of the Stamping Bella ladies. I didn't have the stamp she used but I had this one of Uptown Quinn and her Boots. The image was stamped and the background drawn freehand around her. All the colouring was done using Copics, not something I'd done before so I stuck pretty close to the video where I could without copying it. Not to blow my own trumpet but I was fair chuffed with the end result!
The coloured panel was trimmed down and added to a 5 x7 white base card that I had added some brown card strips and some NitWits DP, a Uniko sentiment completes.

We'd love to see your birthday cards in our November gallery, just follow the link. While you're there check out the rest of the team!

Joining in over at:-

#700 Let's Celebrate any Occasion 



8 comments:

  1. Well, you should be pleased! The background is amazing--I'd never guess it was hand-drawn and as always, your coloring is beautiful. It's a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A love image which would be perfect for teenage girls, lovely to see you at our 700th Allsorts challenge, thank you for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely beautiful fall themed birthday card!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week for our 700th challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous scene so beautifully coloured and designed. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow and so you should be "fair chuffed" your background is incredible!! A lovely card for an autumn Birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Wonderful image that you colored beautifully and then you drew the background. Fantastic card.
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should be tooting your own horn and perhaps we should be striking up the entire band. Julie B, I am blown away by this card and your skills. You are certainly a true artist. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday. I am especially glad you did or I may have missed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful card! Thanks for joining ATSM! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)