Tuesday 15 November 2022

Waste Not Want Not!

Good morning, time for a new challenge at Cardz4Guyz. This time our theme is 

THANK YOU CARDS

Here's my take.


For this quick card, I used a leftover panel from an earlier project from my stash, hence the title of the page! My leaf panel uses the embossed resist technique, you can find out the details of the technique here.
I started by taking a piece of A6 dark cream card and stamping a selection of solid leaf stamps and embossing with clear EP, then inking the panel with Scattered Straw DI and when dry added further clear embossed leaves. Next I inked the panel with Spiced Marmalade DI and repeated the embossing. Finally I added some leaves with Memento Morocco ink. It was then time to iron off the embossing to leave the finished panel. The rusty red looks a bit more subdued in the finished panel except around the edges of the orange embossed leaves, not sure why.
The original panel was cut with an MFT stitched rectangle, this left over was glued flat on a cream base card. Thank You was then stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa.

So where will go with this new theme, we'd love to see your takes in the gallery, just don't forget to keep it masculine! Should you need more inspiration there's plenty over on the Cardz4Guyz blog.

Joining in over at:-

#441

4 comments:

  1. A gorgeous autumnal snippet for this beautiful card. Great layout and technique.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Once you've finished playing on the swings, come and find Di and myself up in the Treehouse. We'll make you a nice mug of hot chocolate and add marshmallow sprinkles! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome CAS card for our new challenge!! As always you have offered great inspiration to those who decide to play along with our new "thank you" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! #C4G309

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours on this one Julie and the embossed leaves look fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Julie and that background sounds like a lot of work - it's beautiful! Great to see you in the Playground with us.
    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)