Friday 18 September 2020

Uniko Challenge #61

Morning all, hope I find you well and coping in these strange times.
It's come around to be time to announce the start of a brand new Anything Goes challenge over at Uniko.
Here is my inspiration using Nature's Treasures II stencil and So Much stamp set.


I chose to go with the option of thanks for my card.


I've been playing with my Gelli plate these last few weeks, I bought it a couple of years ago and it was still in its package, unloved and unused. I was always fascinated by the prints I saw online but a little wary too. I'm really a CAS girl at heart so was a bit reluctant to let the control out of my hands but after watching another Jennifer McGuire video on You Tube, I decided to crack the seal and have a play.
Needless to say I now have a pile of backgrounds and you may see a few more of them in weeks to come, it was quite addictive.

I first created my background by adding Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade and Abandoned Coral DOx to my plate, spread it out with a brayer and took a couple of prints off it. The one I used for this example was the second and was much paler than the first so the leaves I added later would show up. 
For the leaves, I added a mix of Gathered Twigs and Spiced Marmalade to the plate then added the stencil over the top and took a print. I repeated this a couple of times, moving my background around as I pressed over the plate. The leaves become paler with each pull giving the effect of recession, as though you are looking through the branches.
On an A6 base card I added part of the finished leaf panel, then added a larger one of cream over the inked one, trimming away the excess.
On a strip of black card I heat embossed the sentiment with gold EP and trimmed it down before adding to my cream panel, leaving a small line of the top panel showing.
So that's about it from me, please check out the rest of the DT inspiration and then why not join in?

4 comments:

  1. Autumnal beauty Julie. Love how you have stamped and cut the sentiment strip. Great minds think alike with Natures Treasures II Stencil ;) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant panel Julie, I can't pretend to know what a gelli plate is (I intend to follow the link and find out!!) but you have actually created what looks like proper backing paper and such fantastic colours too. Am I mad to be looking forward to the leaves changing colour?! That said, the ponies would normally be in at night by now and with forage in such short supply this year we are making the most of the good weather so they can continue to do so a bit longer. Hope you are enjoying good weather and good health xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving those rich earthy tones Julie and a perfect one for autumnal thanks. Perfect use of the stencil. Hope you're all keeping safe and healthy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Jules! The layered, stenciled leaves are beautiful. Great work with your gelli plate! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)