Tuesday 8 September 2020

C4G Monochrome

Good morning, hope I find you well.
My these Tuesdays come around pretty quickly, its time for a brand new challenge a Cardz4Guyz.
This time our theme is:-

MONOCHROME

For my design, I went with a Christmas theme and shades of grey with added embossed sparkle.


I used Hero Arts Winter Trees and stamped it on white card with Altenew's Industrial Diamond. Whilst still wet, I threw on some holographic EP, which adds tons of sparkle but no colour. Hopefully it also wont shed glitter everywhere!
A strong image that doesn't need much in the way of embellishments, so perfect for a masculine card. The finished image looks so serene, a forest in the midst of a snow flurry, so evocative you can just imagine the silence!
The stamped panel was cut down using a stitched rectangle die, mounted on a slightly larger dark grey panel of card and a simple Altenew sentiment completes.
Simples, great for bulk Christmas makes, just change the colour of ink for a totally different feel.
For more monochromatic inspiration check out the team here, then why not join in, we'd love to see your take on the theme.

Joining in over at:-

     
                                                  S for Snowy

 

11 comments:

  1. This is a fab card Jules - it's starkness appeals to me lots and you're right it 'shouts' silence. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I am taken with the background and all those trees with snow on them! Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so lovely, Jules. I love the muted colours you've chosen, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Julie, very striking and the farmer in me thinks we might just have a winter akin to this scene!! Masses of sloes, hips, acorns and blackberries on our hedges at the moment. Such a shame we didn't have enough spare grass to make hay!! Hooe you are doing ok up there xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so striking Julie, love the monochrome and the touch of frost makes it even more special xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really pretty mum. Very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can just feel the crisp cold of this winter night in the forest Julie! what a great stamp and I love the ink and sparkle you used on it - you are right - the beautiful stamping needs little added! Thanks for playing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So peaceful and serene, Jules. I love this image done in shades of gray. Gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning monochromatic scene, so beautiful. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty and serene wintery card. Lovely. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)