Tuesday 19 May 2020

Look what I've found!

Morning peeps.
Another Tuesday, my they are coming around fast these days. I said Tuesday so it must be time for a new challenge at Cardz4Guyz.
This week it's my choice and as you may know I love a sketch so that's what I went with. Here is my card based on it.



I saw this cute chap in the new LOTV release and he reminded me of my grandson who is having a great time toddling around his small back garden keeping his parents amused and busy! I've seen lots of photos of him pointing to things he's found in the garden and I thought this image would fit him down to a tee.
This is the little chap in question watering Nannee's garden last year!


After printing off the image, I coloured with Copic markers and fussy cut him out.
From an A6 panel of white card, I cut a circle and then cut a frame from a slightly larger circle of blue card and the same die, gluing it around the opening. The fussy cut image was then slipped behind the panel and glued down to the bottom of the opening, adding a scrap of NitWits DP behind to complete. 
The number 3 was cut from the same blue card as the frame, as was the larger of the two die cut circles. The number was then added to a white circle and mounted on the blue one before adding to the design. The LOTV stamped sentiment finishes it all off.
A simple CAS design but for more inspiration check out the rest of the DT here for their interpretation of the sketch. 
We'd love to see how you interpret the layout for yourselves.


Joining in over at:-

     

Please do grab our logo to display on your own blog
Men and Boys

15 comments:

  1. Lovely card Julie. I personally collect the snails on a shovel - and hurl them into the field as hard as I can hoping they'll not find their way back into the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card and a great sketch too. I just love that photograph...look at the size of the watering can!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. such an adorable card and the picture that actually matched the ideas of the card, just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card (and a cute grandson), it's perfectly colored and perfectly sweet! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card, Julie! What a perfect layout to showcase the fussy cut image. And what a cutie patootie grandson! Thank you so much for playing in my clean and simple challenge at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, this is an absolutely adorable image and I love how it reminds you of your grandson. This is perfectly colored and a perfect CAS card. So glad you shared it with us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colours and design on a super card, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Men and Boys' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when you see a stamp and it reminds you of someone in particular. I've just done something similar for a card with an image that was just so like my great nieces. Thanks for this challenge. I really enjoyed this one. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable image! So cute - boy and snail sizing each other up. And fun that it reminded you of someone and an event in your life! :) Thanks for sharing it with us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely Sebby!Snails are his fave! Missing exploring your garden with you though xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room.
    Linby x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just a perfect card for a little boy, adorable card!
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this, Julie - such a cute design and a great card.

    Thanks for joining us at The Male Room Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card :-)) I like your little gardner!
    Thanks for joining us at The Male Room.
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)