Wednesday 16 September 2020

Snowflake Bridge Card

Afternoon folks.
Hope I find you well and ready for an other colour challenge from Color Hues.
This time we would like to see projects using the colours listed below.


Here's my inspiration for you.


This time the colours immediately shouted winter, so I made a snowy Christmas card.
After watching another Jennifer McGuire You Tube video, I decided to make a bridge card.
I've never made a card using this technique before so thought I would have a go.

My base card was made by taking a piece of mid blue card which was trimmed to 51/2"x 9" and then scored and folded at 1", 13/4" 41/2" and 33/4"
The middle panel was made by inking through my favourite Uniko snowflake stencil with a variety of DOx inks in shades of blue and turquoise as well as some opaque white onto turquoise card, 9"x 33/4". It's my go to winter background stencil, the snowflakes are gorgeous and you can move the stencil around to get a lovely sense of perspective with the different colours.
Strips of white and sparkly blue card were added to the outer edges and the center stenciled panel was glued down the middle.
I cut 2 small and one large snowflakes from white card and added them to the card. Well, I say added, but I discovered that the small snowflake was marginally too small to bridge the gap so to solve this I added a strip of white behind each and a stamped sentiment strip along the front to make the bridge.

I quite like the end result and may have another go at this technique but what will you come up with by using just the challenge colours. We'd love to see them all in the gallery. 
The DT have come up with lots of fab inspiration if you are lacking here.

Joining in over at:-

As You Like It Challenge
Favourite stencil and why
It's just so versatile and easy to use and the effects are great too!

9 comments:

  1. A fab card. I must try this style. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Great design and love those colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a unique and pretty card, Julie! I love your wintry take on the colors and the beautiful snowflakes. The bridge card shows them all off so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! THe colours really do lend themselves to a wintry card, and this slimline bridge is perfect with the big snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this bridge card---the snowflakes were an inspired choice to hold it together, and of course, the blue and turquoise seal the deal! I also watched that video, but have yet to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have never made a bridge card! I love your bold snowflakes and how you carried them throughout your card! This came out terrific! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous snowflake bridge card, Julie! Perfect images for the challenge colours! A delightful wintry wonderland!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and perfect use of that lovely stencil. Thanks for joining the AYLI challenge - good luck!
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous design. It really makes those gorgeous snowflakes stand out.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)