Tuesday 2 April 2024

Elbow Grease

Morning all. Hope you all had a fab Easter weekend. It was our Granddaughter's 2nd birthday yesterday, so we headed off across the moors to visit, I can't believe it's two years since she was born.
Anyway it's also time for a new challenge at Cardz4Guyz. This time we have a colour challenge for you:-

NAVY, KRAFT and RED

Here's my take using LOTV's Elbow Grease digi.



When I first saw the colours, I was going to go down the nautical route but that would have been a little cliche I think, so used this image instead.
No kraft card used but I incorporated the kraft colour into my pic with the cap, chamois and upholstery. Working with DTs from all over the world over the years, I've come to realise that kraft to Americans is not what I would call kraft. I think it's a washed out brown, a neutral shade where as they take it as more of a tan colour. 
I fussy cut him out after colouring with Copics, then added him to a die cut, textured, pale cream card panel. As I'd fussy cut the image, some of the details were lost, so I added them back with a black fine liner and a little bit more Copic colouring. 
I realised that there wasn't that much navy in my image, just the little chaps trousers and the folding roof, so I found some navy NitWits DP and stamped my sentiment, Uniko, with Versamark and heat embossed with white EP, adding it to my base before the die cut panel over the top on foam pads.

So where will these colours take you? If you're lacking ideas then pop over and check out the rest of the team here. As always we love to see your takes in the gallery.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the way you've used the colours with your sweet image, Jules. Great colouring! The patterned paper looks fabulous with the design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! That little mechanic is just the cutest!! Navy/Kraft/Red...you rocked it!! Your card is sure to inspired those who decide to play along with our new color challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz! A great masculine card for a little guy!! #C4G344

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great use of those colours Julie and such a lovely design too x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)