Sunday 14 April 2024

Christmas Cuties

Good morning. Today the sun is shining and I spotted TWO swallows flying over the tractor shed this morning when we took the dog out for a walk, so hopefully this beastly wet weather is coming to an end and I can finally get in the veg patch! The first swallow arrived on Friday but today it had a friend!! 

Anyway, I've been meaning to share this card all week and kept forgetting so here it is now. 


It's perfect for a few challenges out there at the moment, two or more papers at the Christmas Cuties, H for Hats I for Inky at ABC Christmas Passion for Promarkers use a die and Cute or floral at AYLI.
This LOTV digi was printed then coloured with Copic markers, does that count as inky, in the football colours of my Son and soon to be Daughter in Law and pink for our granddaughter. I fussy cut the penguin family and then moved onto the rest of the card.
A new printer enabled me to print off the NitWits DP for the base but I found a smaller panel in the bits box for the central one. A circle aperture was cut into a square of white card and the image slipped behind, securing with tape. This is a larger square card 8 x 8 that was in my stash, Craftwork cards I think, with the background panel and central one added flat then the frame with the penguin family on pads. A simple Uniko sentiment strip completes. This is the extent of my layering, still relatively CAS with no embellishments.
That's it from me but here is a pic of the glorious English countryside to prove that summer can't be that far away at at least the grass has enjoyed the rain!



Joining in over at:-

Use 2 or more papers

Use a Die


H is for Hats
I is for Inky

Cute or Floral
I do love a floral card but on this occasion who could resist this cute penguin family, perfect for my Son's Christmas card and coloured in the appropriate football colours too!

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet penguin family and perfect for Christmas with the Cuties. Well, two days of dry weather, hopefully it's a good sign. The chain harrows and roller have been put to good use and, fingers crossed, the horses will be staying out 24/7 from next weekend. It really has seemed like a twelve month winter!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really pretty card Julie. What an adorable penguin family and love that you coloured the scarves in the colours of your son & daughter in laws teams. Lovely papers and great layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute image and you have coloured it beautifully. Thank you for joining in my challenge at PFM
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super cute image and your colouring is just fab! Love this layout too and your papers are perfect|! Thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your penguins, Julie and your excellent colouring with markers is definitely inking, so perfect for our challenge. I love how the scarf drapes outside the circle and the mix of papers is so pretty. I'm glad the weather is improving for you - that is a gorgeous picture.
    Thanks for sharing with is at ABC Christmas Challenges.
    Hugs,
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)