Monday 1 April 2024

Color Hues #84

Good afternoon.
As it's 1st April I hope you haven't been pranked too severely and if it's still not 12 o'clock where you are, you escape prank free!!
On the subject of dates, it's my Grand daughter's 2nd birthday today so there will be no pranking there, as there wont be at Color Hues for our new challenge. Here's my take on the new colour duo.


Peach is a tricky colour to capture so just do your best and have fun with it!

I looked at my inks and came up with Memento Cantaloupe which was the peachiest of my inks and inked up Woodland Wishes stencil and stamp from Altenew.
I first stamped the outline with a v pale ink then filled in the stencil with layers of Cantaloupe ink, the darkest was a little bit of Tangelo for the blooms, followed by shades of Green, Bamboo, Olive and Moss from Altenew. I did re stamp the leaves and flower centers with the pale ink but ended up adding detail with a fine liner and gel pen.
To frame the cluster of blooms, I cut a panel of peachy card with a rounded rectangle die and embossed it with a Spellbinders EF, adding it to an off white card base followed by the spray. A simple foiled sentiment completes.

Hope these fresh new colours inspire you to join in, but if you need more colourful inspiration, then please check out the rest of the DT and our GD here
Looking forward to seeing your makes in the gallery!

Joining in over at:-

12 comments:

  1. No pranks here but there were some rather good ones on FB, a really believeable one about using sweet potatoe as mouse/rat bait in stables, actually got me!! A great card, love the colour combo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful floral card, Julie! So eye-catching!
    Hope you had a wonderful 2nd birthday celebration with your grand-daughter.
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your design is just peachy, Jules! The flowers are so pretty and I love the texture from the e/f! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie... absolutely beautiful flowers! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL flowers Jules and I'm loving how they POP against the embossed background...lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, Julie! I like the embossed background and the soft pretty flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls and a Happy 2nd Birthday to your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Jules. Great design using the lovely colours from the challenge. Your gel pen work adds a lot of definition to the flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful flowers--and a gorgeous peach color! I love the texture the embossing folder adds to the design. Such a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love the shades you chose and layered for your trio of flowers, Jules. Such beautiful texture and details! The rounded rectangle and foiled sentiment are great additions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jules this is a beautiful card, the flowers are so lovely but what I love is how you put everything together. Your embossing, foiling and colouring are all perfection. So lovely my frind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The soft colors of the stenciling are so lovely and the soft ink in which you stamped it make it look like not line coloring. Love the details you added back with the fine liner in the flower centers and the wonderful embossed panel! A gorgeous card, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that embossed background with your florals....and I'm a sucker for white borders. Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)