Thursday 7 December 2023

Introducing Uniko Ink and Flip Snowflake Stencil

Good morning peeps. It's the final day of introductions for Uniko's mini December release. Today we are focusing on the Ink and Flip Snowflake stencil. This the second in Bev's Ink and Flip series.

Here's the first idea I had with my first try of the new stencil.

 

On a panel of white card, or so I thought, I inked through the stencil with Blueprint Sketch DOx. What I actually realised half way through was that it wasn't plain card but a panel I'd stamped on with a text stamp with Versamark then not used!! Once the ink went onto the panel it gave a very subtle ink resist effect. I quite liked this effect so carried on with the panel!

Once I'd created my snowflake, I decided the white was too much of a contrast, so blended a soft layer of the same ink to knock it back. I used a WOW embossing pen to scribble 'frosty' lines and heat embossed using silver EP. The panel was then trimmed down, added to a white base card and the layered sentiment, made from Doodle Flowers and Christmas sentiments.

This second card is a much subtler effect. I used Peacock Feathers DI this time and started by using the mask from the Large Snowflake1, inking over the mask before inking through the Ink n Flip stencil.


Again I knocked back the white by dragging some of the inking over the white areas and trimmed it down to fit my base card.
The sentiment from Snowflake Serenade was first stamped in black then keeping it in the MISTI, I cleaned the stamp, added WOW embossing pen to the wonderful and stamped again, adding silver EP and heat embossing. The completed sentiment was then fussy cut and added with foam pads. 

That's it from me for the moment, but I'll be back tomorrow with our Blog Hop and Giveaway!
In the meantime, check out the rest of the team for some of their ideas using the new stencil.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards Jules. I love the strong blue with the gold accents on your first card. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)