Tuesday 5 December 2023

CAS Christmas

 Evening all.
Just popping by to join in a few challenges with this cute penguin card.


I needed a few more cards so went down the quick CAS route. 
The girls at G7cardmakers, are playing with clingfilm smooshing. Regular readers will know I like a bit of clingfilm magic so I decided to have a play after watching Strictly this weekend. I made a couple of panels using Brushos and MM paper as I didn't feel like getting my watercolours out. This could have been a mistake as the end result is a little subdued in the effects department. If you look closely there is some patterning in the panel I used for the sky but not as much as I would have liked. Think it was a mix of too much Brusho and MM paper.

Anyway, half the A6 panel serves as a good backdrop to this cute LOTV penguin that was languishing in the bits box. I printed him out with Al's laser printer and it doesn't like Copic friendly card and sheds the ink, so I had to draw a few lines with a fine liner to bring him back to life and fussy cut him out to get rid of the stray ink particles! 
The panel was added to an A6 white top fold note card, a die cut snowy horizon cut using a Marianne die placed over the panel and then the penguin, replacing some lines that were lost when I fussy cut him. A simple sentiment from Uniko completes.
That's it from me for the mo, better get on with Christmas prep!

Joining in over at:-


Christmas


7 comments:

  1. Love this cute little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, gorgeous layout. I love the background you created for your bundled up penguin. He looks all warm and cozy. Gorgeous CAS card. So glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased Jules that you added your sweet penguin card using your Brushos cling wrap background for your pretty sky to our GO7 Nov Technique Linky. Happy Holidays..Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, this is so FUN! I love your little penguin all bundled up for the cold! Your card is CAS perfection! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the deep colours of your brushos and cling film background, Jules. It's so pretty against the white die-cut trees and snowhills. Of course, the little penguin is so adorable ... you can't help but smile when you see him. :) Thanks for sharing with us at Group of Seven! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. your clingfilm background is gorgeous in the deep brusho ink. It's a perfect background for your little penguin all bundled up :). Thanks for trying out our monthly technique with us xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie your penguin is adorable and I love the subtle brusho detail on the sky too. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)