Thursday 14 December 2023

Cute and Stripes

Afternoon, I'm back with another Christmas make, this time featuring a couple of cute Margaret Sherry mice and a panel of stripes made using scraps.

 

How cute are these mice holding a pressie? Quite a simple background for these fussy cut meeces, off cuts from the scrap drawer rearranged on a panel of white to create a pattern. Not enough to cover the whole area but I quite like the contrast.
After stamping, colouring with Copics, they were fussy cut and added to my panel with foam pads, a simple Woodware greeting completes. All mounted flat on a small square, green base card.

The first of our trees, ancient artificial, is now up and the other is still standing in the garden awaiting the chain saw. Sadly it has grown far too vigorously since we replanted it after a Christmas 10 years or so ago and has to come down before it takes the nearby wall first! At least we will have the benefit of it again before it becomes fire wood. That's a job for the weekend.

Joining in over at:-

Cute and Cuddly Christmas


2 comments:

  1. Love this Julie and yes, the stripey scraps of colour against the white look great. A super cute image too. Love the Margaret Sherry characters, I think I cross stitched a shetland pony of her design many years ago. Talking of wood chopping, Martin has been at it today, we had to do a bit of surgery to an oak or two in the summer, there were boughs that were interfering with the internet!! I always say there is much benefit in home grown wood, you get warm twice, once chopping and once burning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)