Saturday 2 September 2023

Happy Birthday To You

Evening all. As it's the start of a new month it's a busy time her on the blog and today sees the start of a new challenge from HLS Birthday where our theme is always:-

ANYTHING GOES

After a couple of kids birthday cards for my DT inspiration, I 've gone for a more feminine card that I made for the wonderful Loll, Stamping with Loll, for her birthday back in June.


This card uses a stencil from Altenew called Greenwood Flowers, no idea why as they remind me of anemones. A few of the stencils from Altenew have matching EFs but as far as I know this doesn't so I decided to make my own . I traced the outline of the blooms and leaves and cut them out three times from scrap card. I then layered them up and adhered them to a piece of copy paper before running it through my Big Shot with a piece of white card. The flowers and leaves were then stencilled over the raised areas, finally cutting the panel with a stitched rectangle die and stamped the Uniko sentiment.
Rather than put it square on my base card, I angled it and to ensure the embossed areas didn't collapse in the post, used foam tape behind those areas. A few PPP sequins complete.

So why not join us this month with your birthday creations, but if you need more inspiration be sure to check out the rest of the DT here.


Joining in over at:-

#268

6 comments:

  1. That's a beauty Julie, lovely colours. I hope the week ahead is going to be fine for you as it is down here. Hopefully haymaking will be a go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful stamping - the recipient will be very happy to receive this card.
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, thanks for joining in with the Seize the Birthday challenge, where I'm a Guest Designer

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty! I am sure Loll loved it! Thanks for linking up at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Julie, love the colours and the flowers are so pretty, thankyou for playing along at STB, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those stenciled flowers are just gorgeous in the colors you chose and I love that sentiment placed right on top. What a lovely birthday card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)