Friday 15 September 2023

Color Hues #72 - Lindsey's Legacy Hop

Hi and welcome a day early for the new challenge from Color Hues.

Today, we have a very special challenge, in conjunction with our normal colour duo, the Color Hues design team along with a few guests, from our sister challenge Seize the Birthday, are participating in a blog hop! 

Collectively as a team, we are hopping in memory of our dear friend, fellow card maker, and design team member, Lindsey Martin-Penny, who sadly passed away last year from a rare and aggressive form of ovarian cancer. 

 

The purpose of this hop will be to honor Lindsey, celebrate her life and all that she loved, as well as spread the word to raise funds for Clear Cell Ovarian Cancer Research.  


How can you help? You can find all the details and the start of the hop at Emily's blog here!


In honor of Lindsey, the team has created a variety of cards using her favorite color combo of Purple and Red.


Here's my card.


This image is another blast from the past that I'd forgotten all about until I went looking for something completely different the other day! It's a Lili of the Valley stamp called Millie Just for you. 
After colouring with Copics and fussy cutting, I created a frame using a die from MFT and added some embossed white to the background. Originally I was going to use some flowery DP that matched the flower for the background but decided I needed something a little plainer so opted for this panel of purple card from my stash and a Uniko sentiment embossed in white EP.

The next stop on the hop is Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.  Please be sure to leave a comment at each of the stops where you can learn more about Lindsey’s life, her loves and her legacy.

If you get lost along the way, please return to Emily Leiphart’s blog for the hop list and details. 


So where will you go with these new colours? We'd love it if you joined us here but equally we'd really love it if you joined in Lindsey's Legacy Hop.

13 comments:

  1. A LOVELY tribute to your friend Lindsey. This image is just perfect for the purple and red colour combo, Jules. And your colouring is outstanding! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another cutie brought to life with your fabulous coloring skills. Love this, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julies, As soon as I saw this card it made me think of Lindsey as a small child with her dark hair. As always and seems redundant...your coloring is phenomenal. This card put a huge smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, this is so sweet and your colouring is amazing! Lindsey would've loved her cute outfit. Thank you for participating in this special tribute to our dear friend! 💜❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Julie! I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear when I saw your darling card! Beautifully colored, and such a wonderfully designed card to honor Lindsey!
    Millie needs to come play more often, please!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love it when something pops up that I've forgotten about! This was a great find--she brings an immediate smile to your face, and Lindsey would have loved her! Love your card design as well--sets off that cute little girl perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, lovely Millie!! Great colour combo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, as a fellow colorist, I so admire how this card turned out! This is a fabulous design with her popping out of the frame and I love the butterfly and flower as part of the vignette. A wonderful tribute to Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwwwww...such a sweet card for Lindsey! I love this image and also have it somewhere in my stash...like you I'll probably find it when I'm looking for something else! Your coloring as always is perfection Julie and this card totally has made me smile! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHmystars! What an absolutely charming, darling, precious image you've coloured and fussy cut! Incredibly cute, especially having her popping out of the frame, and so perfect as a tribute to Lindsey. Love this!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is darling!!! I love how you were able to achieve so much depth with just the two colors. And her hair? swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so adorable! Your colouring is gorgeous and I love that she's coming through the window.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jules I'm sure that Lindsey would have just loved this card. You used the purple and red perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)