Tuesday 5 September 2023

Prim Poppy

Morning all.
The weeks are steaming by and it's time for a brand new challenge at Cardz4Guyz where our theme this week is:-

POPPIES and/or REMEMBERENCE

I love poppies and this year the wild ones have run amuck in my flower beds at the back of the house, but I don't care!! They did strangle a few of the plants early on, but I was firm and yanked them out after flowering but despite this they are still showing red in and amongst the summer blooms. They've even managed to bloom through the long grass at the edge of the plot and much to my OH's dismay are making in roads on the hayfield! So here is my take.


I wanted to capture the full exuberance of the mass blooms of earlier in the year so I used a mix of coloured die cuts and die cut stamping for my panel. 
Using my neglected MB Prim Poppy die, I cut a few from MM paper and coloured them with Zig water colour markers. To create the softer background ones, I spritzed a panel of the same MM paper and laid the inked poppies onto it and pressed down. Carefully removing the die cuts, I placed them to one side as I was going to use them again. The background was soft and runny where there was more water and dry and patchy where it was dryer, so I went ink with my watercolour brush to wet these areas and the colour did it's thing! 
When dry, I cut a panel the same size as my frame from it and placed the now dry die cuts over the top. I did add some more colour to some of the die cuts to give a little bit of shadow and depth. Once firmly attached, I added my MFT stitched frame and then the whole panel was added to a matching base card with foam pads. The sentiment was left off as it was rather a busy panel and didn't want to detract from the image.
So where will you go with this theme? We'd love to see your masculine takes in our gallery and if you need more inspiration, why not check out the rest of the DT here.

Joining in over at:-


No stencil option for me

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous make for the LIM challenge

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Gorgeous garden of poppies, Jules. Great work with the print-making in the background. I LOVE this die ... and I've had mine for years. It's a keeper! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic frame of poppies!! Way to go…your rocked this challenge to create a masculine poppies card. A true challenge but you did indeed offer fantastic inspiration for doing just that…an inspiration for those who decide to play along with our new challenge!! #C4G330 Poppies//Remembrance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful floral card Julie, I love all these glorious poppies too. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' :) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this creation! Simply beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Simply Clean & Simple challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, this is so gorgeous! Love those poppies, and the riot of color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favourite time of the year is when the poppies bloom,These are spectacular in both colour and design.Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at LIM.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, you're die cut stamping and layering is absolutely beautiful! Framing it up makes it perfect to display like the art piece that it is. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge, always love seeing you in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! I actually have this die and haven't used it in ages! You captured the feelinlg of those poppies perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absoluty gorgeous card 👏💐 congrats
    Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are stunning poppies! Connor's GF gave me some bee bombs for my Birthday and they have given us lots of poppies in various colours including some really gorgeous plum coloured ones x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)