Thursday 20 April 2023

Introducing Nature's Treasures II Dies

Good morning. I'm here this morning to introduce some more inspiration using the soon to be released Nature's Treasure II dies from Uniko with my fellow BA Anita. I love these new dies and had lots of ideas of how to use them.

Spring is supposedly here, not that you would know it with the weather we've been having, but the leaves on the trees are finally bursting into life and the hedgerows are becoming green, so leaves are really on my mind! My first card uses the Nature's Treasures II stamp along with the matching die and a sentiment from Doodle Flowers. 


I used the large more solid stamp in the Nature's Treasures II stamp set to stamp 3 leaf sprigs with Altenew's Bamboo ink and used the matching solid die to cut them out. In my rush to play, the stamping on my first leaflet was a little patchy, so rather than waste it, I decided to colour the leaflets with a matching Copic marker and added some veins with a darker Copic to see what it looked like. I liked the look so did the same to the other two! You can still see a little bit of the original stamping showing through the Copic colouring, it has reacted with the Altenew ink to create additional detail which I quite like. I wanted a little bit more dimension, so simply scored along the center of each leaflet and carefully folded along the score line.

Using a selection of circular dies, I cut a gold frame, a vellum circle and a small white one, onto which I stamped and embossed my sentiment in gold EP.
On my base card, I flicked some of the Bamboo ink along with some darker Moss and added some random dots with the same dark Copic marker I used for the veins, YG 17 if you are interested. The three sprigs were glued behind the sentiment panel, glue added along the underside of the score line and added to the base card.

Just to prove I can stamp without messing up here's another idea using stamped and die cut leaves.


I stamped one of the leaf sprigs, in Altenew's Bamboo and one in Parrot, I also cut one from vellum, tying them together with a bit of silver thread from my embroidery box. 
Using the string of circles from Background Builders Circles, I stamped three rows across my card in Altenew's Silver Stone, the spray of leaves was then added and my sentiment from Everyday Sentiments stamped in Altenew Industrial Diamond.

Here's my final idea using just the dies to create a white on white background for my English Country Garden butterflies. The butterflies aren't around much at the mo, I have seen a few on sunny days but the cold wind will have given them a bit of a shock! Can't wait for them to be dancing amongst the blooms.

To make the background, I die cut a few of each of the dies, then glued then onto an A6 top fold note card. Two of the dies have cut away centers but for this, any that fell out were glued back in!

I die cut a few of the small butterflies and stamped them using the small detail stamp. I used Copic pens to colour over the stamping before arranging them onto the background. I only attached them at the body so that the wings could be given some dimension.

My sentiment is made up of a white embossed and fussy cut Fabulous from Yes You and Have a Birthday from Doodle Flowers stamped in black on strips of white card, a few sequins complete the design.

That's it for me for the moment but Steph and Izzy will be showcasing tomorrow and then it's release day on Saturday!

Joining in over at:-

 

Anything Goes with option of "Create your own background"

 Anything stamped option CAS

Spring                                                                                                                                 

In the Garden                                            

16 comments:

  1. Each one of these is so beautiful and elegant with the CAS designs! So great to see you joining us at Allsorts challenge too with the gorgeous butterfly card and the embossed background, perfect for our optional theme!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thank you card and your use of leaves and the way you arrenged them for dimension. Very effective details, so beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us at INKspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty trio of CAS cards, each so different, many thanks for sharing the Butterfly one with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards showcasing the upcoming release, Jules. I especially love your first card with the gorgeous leaves behine the gold ring. Great work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A different way to create an embossed look to the background I love it. Thank you for joining us at the Allsorts Challenge.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card and lovely colouring of these gorgeous spring leaves

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Passion for Markers challenge….

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these are wonderful cards Julie and the vellum looks fantastic, what a super idea. Yes, the leaves are appearing although more ash than oak so we're in for a soak!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards. I love the sentiment element you created on the first card. It's so pretty and I like how you used vellum to not cover all your hard work! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards! I like all the detail and that they are still cas! Thanks for playing over at LIM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all absolutely gorgeous! Love all the images and the CAS styles are just perfect! Thanks so much for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karenn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your cards are beautiful Julie. The blue butterflies really pop off the faux embossed background and your colouring looks fab. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really pretty cards! Love the first two!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Julie your cards are so beautiful, fantastic art ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)