Saturday 1 April 2023

Color Hues #61

First of the month, so time for a brand new colour combination from Color Hues
Here's my take.

I decided to go for something a little different for this challenge, away from my usual makes. 
I made a thankyou card for my eldest grandson's teacher awhile ago, so decided I would make one for the youngest's for when he needed one. I may have to change the banners if he doesn't approve the colour!

Did you know it's hard to find the right colour DP when you need it? Out of all the boxes of DP I have squirreled away, I could only come up with a couple, so I had to think laterally in order to make my peach banners! I cut a load of panels using an MFT die from one of their Blueprints sets, #13 I think and folded them in half to make my banners. To add a little extra interest to the similar looking banners, I added some tiny die cuts and some additional markings on some with a white gel pen. The last one I made from the wrong side of one die cut, adding marker lines freehand to make a plaid that matched.

The easel base, I made by first stamping SU's Hardwood in Memento Toffee Crunch onto a panel of kraft card and then mounting it onto a white card base. The blackboard is a die cut square onto which I stamped and heat embossed with white EP Uniko's Thank You and some extras with the white gel pen and added to my panel. The legs were cut using the same die I used for the blackboard. I added some chalk dust for a bit of realism, not that chalk boards are used these days!

To hang the banners, I cut a length of white linen cord and punched a couple of holes through the front panel and threaded it through, tying off inside the card. The die cut banners were then added and the ends glued together to keep them in place.
So what will inspire you? You never disappoint us with your entries into the gallery, making choosing our favourites especially difficult!
For more peach and kraft inspiration please check out the rest of the team here.

8 comments:

  1. Oh yes Julie, I feel your pain LOL Always a good excuse to buy the right colour DP, the very thing happened to me in The Range in Weymouth this morning!! Love this card, the peach looks great with the chalkboard actually. Hoorah, the sun is shining and looks set fair for at least three days!! Hope you are enjoying the same x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie that banner is so absolutely sweet! I love how you made your teacher thank you card. If he doesn't like the colours I bet you would be happy to make anoither!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny that we have hoards of paper but not the perfect shade when we need it. This is a darling thank-you card for a teacher. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As soon as I saw your card, I was taken back to the classroom where I spent 37 years. Your grandson's teacher will truly appreciate all the time and effort you've put into creating this delightful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to chuckle about finding the right shades of DSP to match Julie...I have hoards of DSP and can never find the exact right shade when I'm looking for it! A stampers curse I guess!! But anyway, your card is wonderful...I love the banner, the easel, and the chalkboard that looks so realistic! Fabulous card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I have whittled down my patterned paper collection to a more manageable level, I do find myself in that spot, still with plenty to choose from but yet not the right shade. Crazy! Nevertheless, your choice for the banner is perfect, and your easel design with the chalkboard is so perfect. Your grandson's teacher is certainly going to be delighted, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, I've been there too looking for just the right shade and not finding it. Your banner turned out so prettily and I love the easel card design too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love "your something different" approach!!! Your banner is fabulous. (did your son end up liking the colors?)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)