Sunday 16 April 2023

Color Hues #62

Good afternoon. I can't believe that we are mid way through April already but we must be as there is a new colour pairing over at Color Hues. Here's my take on the new colours.


I was inspired by the current challenge at The Flower Challenge where their theme is to focus on the background, so chose to combine a BA post for Uniko for this card using Uniko's BB Modern Layered Floral set.
To start, I chose an A4 panel of thick card, as I was going to use a faux watercolour technique and it needed to hold up to the water I would be adding. Using the floral element of the set, I inked up with Altenew's Wisteria, spritzed with water before stamping. I then added some darker Hydrangea ink to the center and pushed it around the stamp with a wet brush to get rid of any harsh edges, before stamping again. This was repeated until the panel was covered. As the ink dries it separates a little to give the soft effect. The same technique was repeated with the leaf stamp using Altenew's Bamboo ink and a darker green Zig watercolour brush marker this time. When dry I added the dark centers to the flowers with the detail stamp and Altenew's Andromeda ink.
On a die cut panel of matching card, I stamped the sentiment from Doodle Flowers, attached it to some torn vellum and placed some silver thread behind before adding onto my stamped panel. A few silver sequins complete. My panel was trimmed to leave a narrow frame when added to anA6 note card.

So where will this color combination take you? We'd love to see your floral and other ideas in our gallery and if you need more inspiration there's plenty from the DT here.

Joining in over at:-
 



17 comments:

  1. Julie, I've come from Color Hues to tell you how much I love your darling water-y colored purple blooms - am so delighted to find you are sending them to us at The Flower Challenge, too! So wonderful!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie this is absolutely such a sweet card, I love how you used water to soften the lines in your faux water technique. You are so brave to do it on thick cardstock, it look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible, Julie! I love that the Wisterias have so many shades of purple and the leaves look wonderful too. Great job! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely technique and looks really pretty. A great colour combo too a far cry from crocuses and pansies! Yes the owner of Inky Doodles died quite some time ago now, I think the family kept the business going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, your spritzed stamping is so wonderful! I love the shades of colors on the layered florals, your card is gorgeous! You always remind me of how much difference a bit of technique adds to a card. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blooms are so very pretty! I'm pathetic with watercolouring (not doing it...nope...done!), but thoroughly enjoy the results from those - like you - who can make them shine. Love your card!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie your beautiful card is such an inspiration, love it. Thank you for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous Julie! I love the way that stamp looks different depending on the colours used! You have inspired me to get mine out :) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your water colored flowers are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Julie! I love how soft and ethereal looking they are!! Lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Julie. Love the colours and the watercolour effect. Very eye catching. Crafty Hugs Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love these soft and lovely florals! When I saw your card, I immediately thought of The Flower Challenge--a perfect entry for that as well as our challenge. The watercolor technique you used is fabulous1

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! Thanks for joining us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the soft watercolor effect!!! The muted colors are just so pretty. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning card, Julie. I was so happy when I saw it in the gallery at The Flower Challenge too! You've used the faux water color technique to beautiful effect - the purples are so pretty but I really love the pop the Bamboo green gives as well. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous flowers! Love them. The sequins are terrific too. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love all the beautifully colored flowers on this pretty card! Enhanced with the sparkle of the sequins, this is such a special card sure to delight the person who receives it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning work!
    Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)